gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:56:07 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  local and remote queuing, and being Ignored
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: local and remote queuing, and being Ignored  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
local and remote queuing, and being Ignored
« on: November 15, 2008, 04:42:56 am »
I've found that people often won't allow multiple queuing, and I can't see why.

One reason for remotely queuing lots of files is because locally queuing doesn't place you in the real queue. It's a queue in your own computer but doesn't add you to the queue in the remote computer. After first waiting in your local queue for a request for a file to go out, when it finally does you may find yourself remotely queued at (like) #20 in line, and you've wasted your time queuing locally.

Is it not better to send all your requests to remotely queue in the other person's computer and get in line right away? If you don't you could be waiting till next Michelmas before you get the files. What harm does this multiple queuing do to the other person, so long as s/he has more than one upload slot made available to allow others to upload at the same time? Yet I have been Ignored for queuing multiple files and I've never understood why some react adversely to it. They appear to react to a queue for a dozen files as looking greedy or something, while it is nothing but ensuring that one is actually in the queue.

Is there something I am missing here, in that I'm causing harm? Or are some people reacting to a problem they imagine?

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: local and remote queuing, and being Ignored
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:09:17 am »
The reason is quite simple: WinMx will only allow auto-enter queue up to 100.

That means if two or three people use up these 100 queue slots that nobody after that will be able to get queued automatically when they've set their client to auto-find sources.
Wouldn't you be upset if your winmx would find lots of sources overnight but you couldn't get queued on them and lost them again?
Or even worse, if your winmx finds a very rare source when you're absent and can't manually enter the remote queue and you could have been queued automatically for hours?
You'd have to queue all of them manually when you were there, all the automatic features of mx to find sources and automatically queue wouldn't work anymore.

As with all things you need to find a balance here.
Most users will allow you to queue a few files like 2 or 3 at once, but anything over that is indeed considered greedy,
especially if you're queueing for big files of several hundred MB and this user usually has a full queue.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: local and remote queuing, and being Ignored
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 06:48:57 pm »
Well, I don't understand all that about MX automatically doing things when I'm not there, but I do understand the bit about being limited to 100. I did not know this, and it explains much. A day in which one can learn something new is not a complete waste. Thank you for your explanation.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  local and remote queuing, and being Ignored

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx