gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 01:46:28 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  License Agreement when I open my WinMX app
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: License Agreement when I open my WinMX app  (Read 6941 times)

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
Re: License Agreement when I open my WinMX app
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 08:53:01 pm »
Uh-oh -- My format apparently DID get mangled with that "Quick Reply" jazz! I see my reply got included with the "quote" I used.

SO ... PLEASE NOTE that my response follows the quote in my last post below (or above I suppose, depending on your settings).

So then, how would I include a "Reply" to the quote? Had I used that "Preview" button, I could have figured this out, but I wouldn't risk getting that nasty "Server Error" message and then getting locked out of the site ... again!

Just bear with me, 'kay?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 10:07:14 pm »
there have been one or 2 glitches with the site (km is now bald) think they're fixed now
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 06:35:54 pm »
Just got on my own machine and dealt with that License Agreement again. Funny, I had to go thru a whole set-up process again after hitting the "Agree" button. And it's not like this was the first time I opened the program after installing that last patch, I've used it since then without undergoing any procedure like that. Maybe it's coz this was the first time I restarted the computer since that patch update, that could be it.

Anyway, I went thru all the steps to set it up again (re-chose a screen name and location of shared files and so on), and of course I had to re-set all my options which were gone.

One other thing --  what does the "Auto Enter Queue" setting do exactly? Is that a time setting, for how often you want the program to update your queue position?

I get the "Auto Find Sources" setting, which is pretty obvious coz the options are spelled out as "Every 10 minutes" or "Every however many minutes" - but the "Auto Enter Queue" setting just lists options as "1" or "2", etc, with no more explanation than that. Still, I'm guessing that's a time option as well. Yes?

KM

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 06:57:37 pm »
Auto Enter Queue is the aximum queue length for it to enter - if you set it to 50 for example then a user with a queue length of 40 you'll enter it automatically, a user with a queue length of 60 though you won't

as for the setup wizard, if it didn't come up before then suddenly came up again, did you close winmx down properly the previous time or did it crash? just an idea as a crash does corrupt the setup file

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 07:24:37 pm »
Re. that re-setup procedure I just encountered, hmmm, I mighta had a crash the last time I was on my system, after having installed the patch, but I definitely booted up again afterwards and all was working fine before I finished up....Although, I might NOT have opened up WinMX again after the crash ... until now. Could that be why I had to set up again? I never had to set it up before after a crash, but maybe the new patch install had something to do with it too.

Thanks for the "Auto enter queue" explanation, I was way off. So, if I enter "50", and then I double-click a song with "60 in queue" to download, will it NOT put me in line for that song on the Transfers page? Or does that option only come into play to do with the "Auto" designation", which I'm not sure I get?

Also, you ever notice how sometimes you can Search for a song repeatedly and get next to no results (maybe one song will come up), and then, all of a sudden, you'll get a whole slew of selections to choose from - then, you'll do a bunch more searches and get nothing again, those generous selections just WON'T come up again?! It seems like you're somehow hooking into some other database. How does that work?

Btw, is there a way to add more servers (i.e. a larger database of songs) to the program? I remember I used to read something about that, though it never worked for me when I added some file that was supposed to do that.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 07:34:26 pm »
Basically, if you are on on secondary or primary, you tell the primaries you are connected to search for that song/thing which you want, these primaries pass on the search to the next primary they are connected ..... and so on... That's the way it works... So that also explains your erratic search results. Each search does not necessarily get relayed through the same set of primaries... Also depends on the primaries them selves, ie how fast they are.... Many things, not worth something to break one's head over :lol: Don't worry. lol, it happens with everyone when you happen to search for rare files...

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 07:50:27 pm »
Thanks for the info about "primary" and "secondary" servers, I guess then it's just a matter of how lucky I get....and persistence does seem to pay off!

Here's a strange one -- I just downloaded a song which plays blank air (slider is moving, just no audio) when I hit the Play command, but if I then back up the slider back towards the beginning of the song, then it suddenly PLAYS and there's audio! I've tried it repeatedly too, and it will never play when either hitting the > play arrow on the player or right-clicking and choosing Play, only when I then back up the slider any distance.

Bizarre. Ever heard of that one before? I never did!

I also noticed I cannot play a song while it's downloading, which is probably a function of the old version 6.4.07... of Windows Media Player I have. Any chance you know if that has anything to do with the WinMX program version?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 12:20:57 am »
Winamp seems to be the media player of choice with most winmx users (at least for music) i certainly found it handled some mp3 files older versions of media player wouldn't, might be worth you giving it a look.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2006, 05:52:55 am »
Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll try Winamp again. I tried it some years back and didn't like it, the controls and gadgets were too tiny to even make out and the whole configuration seemed confusing to me. But it's probably come a long way since then.

Offline camarojohn

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 05:27:58 am »
  I've been running winmx for years now and tonight was the first tme i seen this license thingy after i started winmx.got the patch when it first came out.the eagle patch came up on winmx weeks ago. when i seen this i thought it was some knd of a hijack attempt and wasn't about to agree to anything with out checking here first.Glad everything is ok.
 with the patch do i still have to run peerguardian?

CamaroJohn

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 06:36:01 am »
Hi camarojohn

No you do not need to run peerguardian with this patch.

Happy winmxing. :D
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  License Agreement when I open my WinMX app

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx