gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 02:37:26 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Christmas Logo Contest 08
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Christmas Logo Contest 08  (Read 5036 times)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Christmas Logo Contest 08
« on: December 01, 2008, 01:24:29 pm »
A new competition Guys.... Logo time guys we have all had lots fun last year with this. You all have 7 days to get the logos up for Christmas. Than we will have 5 days to vote who will win our Christmas logo for 2008. It is all up to you.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline tig

• Forum Member
Re: Christmas Logo Contest 08
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:31:08 pm »
Oh I forgot to add. All new and none from last year.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 07:00:05 pm »
Its that time of year again  :D  Where we ask yall for your creative input and designs, unfortunately this year things have been busy on my end so It wasnt announced on the 1st as I would like to have done, so get your entries in as soon as possible please.

We'll close the entry process five days from today (Dec 8th) and get an impartial judge (to be announced this week) to decide again this year.

Remember the logo is now 254px wide by 86px tall (best if we can keep those dimensions ), animation is ok as long as it fits in the space but not is required ;)

Have fun can't wait to see them  :w00t:

**Edit** looks like Tig started a topic in the lyte section that I didnt realize was there, shes really on the ball with this christmas stuff LOLOLOL

Okies guys bring em on!

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:26:37 am »
Oh I forgot to add. All new and none from last year.

Does changing the 07 to 08 count  :crazy:

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 11:37:14 am »
Umm lets see...............................................................no

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 12:57:44 pm »
come on guys you have a few days left... Lets see what we have this year and yes it will be the 8th of December as MeHere has written.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:51:25 pm »
I guess that I will give it a shot this year.

Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 12:33:59 am »
Wow that looks great keep them coming

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:44:21 am »
peiced together while mostly asleep...

..doesnt fit with the site design (but i liked the look).... and isnt christmasy per say, but not everyone follows christ...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 01:35:28 pm »
Looks like time is running short folks so please upload your efforts as you cant win the competition if your not in it  :-D

I better get to work myself too..lol

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 04:10:48 pm »
Okies I decided to have a play here lol,

Come one peoples we still have time lets see those xmassey goodness logos  :kiss:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 09:10:17 pm »
mind if i get a little geeky here?

the nebula to the far right of the image is called the 'stellar snowflake cluster' .... taken by nasa with a space telescope i cant remember the name of (no it wasnt hubble... id remember that)..... flip the image upside down and give it a little crop and it looks like an xmas tree :) ...and since winmx is a cluster of nodes/peers.... well... you get where im going ;)

PS i have a version with no text if anyone has a better font or something better to put there X_x
my creativity with text hit a brick wall just as i finished the image....

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 12:41:26 pm »
Hi All

I knwo I have put the 8th and well since I can see a few of you are posting up logos. I will allow another 24 hours and that is it.

So get posting the logos time is ticking down.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 12:11:52 am »
Sorry its not greatly original but I,m not full of the creative spirit atm .. or any other kind of spirit  ;)

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 07:16:32 am »
Okies Guys time is up.... Now for the judging to start.... and it isnt by me either.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:26:26 am »
I have picked our judge and it looks like he has accepted and it is DaBees-Knees.... Lets see who the winner is going to be.

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 07:37:26 am »
The winning entry is the Happy Holidays one.........Well done MH and I didn't realise it was your entry as I only looked at the logos.

DaBees-Knees

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:00 am »
Well done MH and congratulations....... Well the judge decided that it was an easy decision.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 09:23:26 am »
Well Done MeHere   :)

Merry WinMXmas everyone  :lol:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 03:49:51 pm »
Thanks DaBees and everyone :)

Great job everyone that entered a logo this year, special thanks to Cobra for 'giving it a shot' cause that was a very good entry.
Silver Stripes for my favorite 'solstice xmas' love that one cause I'm a solstice tree hugger at heart. And for your nebula, lots of thought into that one so really nice job there.
Ghostship, see you should have entered the snowman  :kiss:  But very nice ones all the same :)

Thanks again everyone that entered :D

Merry MxMas !!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Christmas Logo Contest 08

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx