gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:06:52 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  General PC Aid  |  Is Vista our Friend?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is Vista our Friend?  (Read 5772 times)

Offline fugitive

• Forum Member
Is Vista our Friend?
« on: July 17, 2008, 12:58:42 am »
I just hooked up a Vista, (hod no choice) and some parts make me sorry, but my main concern here is, will it work with Winmx, cause mine doesn't. Even tho I've had Winmx for years with many outages and hookups, there's no guarantee that I am not the problem. Does anyone know or can help me with some new tips or something. I'm concerned about the Pie thingy and if it's setup right, I really just don't know. Help?
TIA
Greg

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
Re: Is Vista our Friend?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:00:41 pm »
Your best bet is to download and do a fresh install from the link below.... yea winmx is compatible with vista
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

also make sure your firewall is allowing winmx & that your router/modem has ports forwarded for winmx..... if you leave your make and model here i some one can give you a direct link to the page required.

There is also a section on the forum for vista users with plenty of tips and advice ... link below

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?board=45.0
Hope this helps ..any more problems/questions feel free to ask

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:06:43 am »
Give thw winmx.exe file administrator rights and then it should be working fine....

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :

Spread the word now :)

Offline fugitive

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 08:58:52 am »
Wow, answers, don't usually get any, great, thanks guys. I am dumb so how does one give rights to Winmx?
Thanks
Greg

Offline fugitive

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 09:17:55 am »
With the black and gold text, this site is really hard to read, someone should quit trying to be stylin' and make it more stock.\
Anyway, I have the Vista Home Premium, I guess the speed and ram don't matter in this case. I have been working all evening to free up the network for P 2 P sharing, but MS has built this thing tighter than Hitler's bunker, and they really don't want anyone using a sharing software, and they would seem to want to control our lives, just like some Democrats. I've opened up nearly all of the controls in Vista for the staring, but the last one, where they want you to find the Library and do some button pushing there, is hard to find, I just can't fine the damn library arrow and the last little part. Thanks
greg

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:08 am »
Hay Fugitive

I am not sure if this is in help section or not... but however go here:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_and_vista.html

this should explain how to get the library going.

Post back and let us know
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 11:07:18 am »
Give thw winmx.exe file administrator rights and then it should be working fine....

right-click the file and
click Run As Administrator

With the black and gold text, this site is really hard to read

Perhaps adjust your screen resolution as  its real easy to read from here fugitive & we dont seem to have had any complaints in the past about site layout.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 08:59:29 pm »
With the black and gold text, this site is really hard to read, someone should quit trying to be stylin' and make it more stock.\
Anyway, I have the Vista Home Premium, I guess the speed and ram don't matter in this case. I have been working all evening to free up the network for P 2 P sharing, but MS has built this thing tighter than Hitler's bunker, and they really don't want anyone using a sharing software, and they would seem to want to control our lives, just like some Democrats. I've opened up nearly all of the controls in Vista for the staring, but the last one, where they want you to find the Library and do some button pushing there, is hard to find, I just can't fine the damn library arrow and the last little part. Thanks
greg

You can change the look of the forum to suit your eyes by clicking on the little color bars up there. For a good guide to what services you can shut off in Vista to suit your pc you can go to http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm. Have used it on mine and it trimmed the fat very nicely. Plus it has 3 different options to which sets of services based on you yourself might use your pc for.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 03:47:04 pm »
You know im a supervisor right, and ive been here a very long time, and i have to admit something, *cough*  I didnt know i could change the colour with them bars *cough*. Is that bad lmao.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 05:16:08 pm »
Not really as i just changed mine for the 1st time lmao

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »
I changed mine long time back... but was too used to the old layout so changed it back...
Yea screen resolution is a problem posts seem much shorter on it :)

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :

Spread the word now :)

Offline fugitive

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 12:29:26 am »
Too much to remember, to reply to all; BTW, You know the Beatles song, When I'm Sixty Four, well, that's me.\
Any way one day I turned it one, and wa-la, it had a Green. So in spite of my insecurity, I musta done a couple a things right.
The best part is how much faster it is with the new puter, wow, every day it slowing works it's way up to 300,000 and more. It does do
things I don't like, Vista not winmx, I leave it to go off or to bed, well after a while the screen goes blank, which is fine, but it seems to be
upset by being left alone, as d/l's drop off if I come back hours later, sometimes, I just turn it off, as it's not doing any good.
Now that I'm here, I have forgotten anything I wanted to ask. I really am so glad the M$ didn't ruin the whole trip for us tho, but I fear real trouble is right aroung the Bend and it may go just like Napster did.
Greg in Portland
the forgotten western city.

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 08:29:04 am »
HI ALL, THIS ISN'T REALLY A WINMX ISSUE THAT I HAVE WITH MY VISTA, BUT "THEM" PEOPLE AT "MICROSOFT" WON'T HELP, SAYING THAT "ITS MY PROBLEM" OR "CAN'T YOU GO ELSEWHERE & ASK SOMEONE ELSE INSTEAD OF US" SO ON & SO FOURTH (HOW ARROGANT THEY ARE) MY PROBLEM WITH MY VISTA IS THAT I CAN'T CHANGE THE DPI, FONT STYLES, FONT SIZE & SCREEN RESOLUTION, AS "THEM AT MICROSOFT" HAVE MESSED AROUND TOO MUCH WITH THE DISPLAY OPTIONS PART IN THE CONTROL PANEL & I CAN'T FIND WHERE TO GO NOW. AS I'M DEAF-BLIND (NOT CTOTALLY) THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM FOR ME, AS IT MEANS THAT I BOUGHT A VISTA PC THAT I CAN'T USE FOR ANYTHING AS EVERYTHING IS WAY TOO SMALL FOR ME TO SEE TO READ OR DO. SO I'M STILL USING MY OLD XP HOME PC TO USE WINMX & I CAN SET EVERYTHING UP (SCREEN WISE) PERFECTLY FOR MY SIGHT NEEDS, BUT THATS NOT THE POINT, I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR A QUADCORE PC RUNNING VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32BIT & CAN'T USE IT ALL (ITS JUST AN OVERSIZED PAPER WEIGHT NOW, LOL) CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS, SO THAT I CAN USE THE NEW PC??? THANKS FOR ANY HELP (WHICH ISN'T WHAT I SAID TO MICROSOFT AFTER THEIR LAST EMAIL TO ME, LOL, I REPLIED WITH A LOT F'S, C'S & B'S, BECAUSE THEY DID MY NUT IN, WELL THEY DESERVED IT)
TRADING IS OK,
BUT A SHARER IS FAIRER.
"WINMX WILL NEVER DIE!!!"

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 09:55:53 am »
 CAN'T CHANGE THE DPI, FONT STYLES, FONT SIZE & SCREEN RESOLUTION, AS "THEM AT MICROSOFT" HAVE MESSED AROUND TOO MUCH WITH THE DISPLAY OPTIONS PART IN THE CONTROL PANEL & I CAN'T FIND WHERE TO GO NOW

As far as I can figure...

to change DPI, right click on desktop, last item, Personalise, on the left, adjust Font Size (DPI), a box pop open, choose the lower item and click ok. there is also a provision for Custom DPI (Haven't explored)

Font Styles, have not yet found, BUT, in the main list of 'personalise' is Window Color and Appearance, which will allow you to meddle with colors, contrast, and possibly fonts, altho i have not yet found a large print setup...

Screen Resolution is in the last item under 'Personalise', namely, Display Settings. That Opens a settings box with the usual DPI slider...

Note also among items in bottom left corner of 'Personalise' is a See Also' section, with a link to Ease of Access, which includes a magnifier.
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 10:40:09 am »
chatted in the room about it as well. As it isnt easy to adjust. If anyone has found a quick and simple way please post. 
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 03:03:36 pm »
Bluey has hit the nail on the head, the DPI can be found as pointed out and at the bottom ofthe same page.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 09:37:07 pm »
THANKS BLUEY & SAVAGE_BLADES. I'VE BEEN ABLE TO CHANGE MY DPI TO 106%, SCREEN RES SIZE TO 1024X768 & FOUND HOW TO  CHANGE MY DESKTOP BACKGROUND TO BLACK (WHICH WAS A BONUS)

BUT STILL UNABLE TO CHANGE THE FONT STYLES & THE FONT SIZE FOR EVERYTHING (WHICH ALSO CHANGES THE ICONS SIZES ON MY PC)

CAN ANYONE ELSE HELP WITH THIS, PLEASEEEEEEE???? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL HELP :-)
TRADING IS OK,
BUT A SHARER IS FAIRER.
"WINMX WILL NEVER DIE!!!"

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2008, 07:31:25 pm »
You can also right click in any folder and click view then large icons or extra large icons to make that bigger and easier to see.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 08:58:32 pm »
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/78281-advanced-appearance.html

there is a guide with pictures on changing system fonts in vista
enjoy =D
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  General PC Aid  |  Is Vista our Friend?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx