gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:12:15 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  new to winMX help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new to winMX help please  (Read 1244 times)

tonyboy

new to winMX help please
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:19:18 pm »
Hi, can anybody please help,i can not down load any music,its so slow  0.47 ks, also when i search for tracks  it doesnt find many? i use a netgear router, i connect ok. thanks   :S

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: new to winMX help please
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:14:17 pm »
Hi tonyboy, welcome to WinMxWorld!

First of all you need to make sure your router is set up correctly.
If you got the new community patch the new uPnP feature usually works on netgear routers, so that should be taken care of.
In case you're using an older solution please get the new patch from  https://patch.winmxconex.com

If you're still having problems using that you need to make sure that there's nothing else blocking mx, some antivirus tend to do that, also any software firewall you might be using, like the windows one etc...

Please post a few more informations about your local setup if you need more help, knowing what OS you have and which antivirus and firewall etc will help us to help you.  :)

All that being said, it might still just as well be your isp as some tend to block mx or throttle any p2p traffic at certain times etc. but lets make sure everything else is setup correctly first.

LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

tonyboy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:40:53 am »
Hi, thanks for your help,i have installed the update as you sugested, what does You can not make a primary connection mean? no TCP port for incoming connections,and no UDP port for incoming and outgoing packets, i think that may be my problem? thanks tony

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:24:48 am »
You get this message probably because the connection test failed which happens sometimes.

You can change the port settings from within WinMX though, as explained in this Tutorial on How To Change Port Settings in WinMX

You will probably find that you current settings is "Unable to accept .....".
Just follow the tutorial and set the ports and restart WinMX, that should do it then.

If not just report back here and we'll try and figure out what went wrong.  :)

Good Luck!
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  new to winMX help please

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx