gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 19, 2024, 06:29:54 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  How to annoy the dimwitt that likes to hook up via Tor and cause trouble.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How to annoy the dimwitt that likes to hook up via Tor and cause trouble.  (Read 7758 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
I finally found out that you can download a list of current Tor exit node ips from places like http://torstatus.kgprog.com/ip_list_exit.php/Tor_ip_list_EXIT.csv  there are many sites that do the same. I convert the csv list to dos-text format and stick it in my metis folder. Next, I set up Metis to react on a trigger which responds only to me to load that list into a user variable. Another little script in the same xml file in metis uses 'on enter' to scan that file for a match on anyone who enters the room. If there is a match... kickban. If not, no action.
No more delayed access to speech for the users and no more crapola from the dork person that likes to spam.
Be aware, it is not perfect. It does require me to update that file to keep up with the list of Tor exit nodes. No biggie, since most of them stay online for hours if not days and number over 700 ips. 
It shocked me just how quickly metis can scan all those ips and return the decision to ban or not.
Anyhow.... works for me so far.   :pumpkin:

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
This has already been done. I compiled a list of 11,800 IP addresses two days ago including every exit node in the TOR network. It is in the Hosts section of this forum. If you are a host of a chat room you can gain access to that forum and download the list. It is already in a Peer Guardian 2 format.

- Pri

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
Very nice.  :)
But where is the hosts forum?
the only thing I see as hosts is some norwegan language thing. I dont do norway.  lol
 :?:

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
I dont do pg either, there are faster ways. But the list can be useful.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
you need to contact Forum site admins, register as a host, then Wallah!
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer

How are there faster ways than them not being able to enter to begin with? No matter what metis script you run they still gain entry and metis reads the file and searches for a match. Metis does read the files very quickly but still, PG is the better way to go in my opinion.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
And the PG2 method uses only the list that is being made available, not a bluetak list, and only hosts need to use it
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts

PG2 is much faster than Metis. I already considered the Metis method but its speed in reading in such a large database of files is to slow and would allow a spammer to use auto-message on entry to get messages out before the entire IP list is read.

And I intend to continue updating my Blocklist indefinitely. The larger it gets the slower Metis would read in the database.

Offline shelley1966

• Forum Member
miners unless you are a host u cannot see the hosts section so plz let me know if u do host a room :D

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
I am a host but the spammer or anyone else using Tor gets banned instantly without any time to post a single word in the room. Still doing it using metis and a live updated text file listing the ips of exit nodes which I update once every few days during tors busiest times of use. I did find the rather large file of 11,000 ? ips on another site but upon examination decided it was just a little too inclusive. Ips such as 0.0.0.1-0.0.255.255 and such are not Tor and cannot connect anyway since ips like that dont exist. The thing im doing now is working perfectly and I still see no reason at all to use PG2. There is no delay to normal users getting access and no delay in eliminating any Tor proxy users either. For me anyway, I consider the problem solved. So no need to block over 10,000 more ips than I need to block. But, thanks anyway.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Its great to hear folks are having success in a big way in dealing with the childish person or persons who have tried to attack and fragment the community, whatever solution works for folks is always the one to use and diversity of methods is also a good thing, united we shall remain as a community in our efforts whatever tools or method are chosen.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
I am a host but the spammer or anyone else using Tor gets banned instantly without any time to post a single word in the room. Still doing it using metis and a live updated text file listing the ips of exit nodes which I update once every few days during tors busiest times of use. I did find the rather large file of 11,000 ? ips on another site but upon examination decided it was just a little too inclusive. Ips such as 0.0.0.1-0.0.255.255 and such are not Tor and cannot connect anyway since ips like that dont exist. The thing im doing now is working perfectly and I still see no reason at all to use PG2. There is no delay to normal users getting access and no delay in eliminating any Tor proxy users either. For me anyway, I consider the problem solved. So no need to block over 10,000 more ips than I need to block. But, thanks anyway.

I don't know if your Metis is reading through a text file for IP's (Slow) or using a different database. But you can use this if you wanted to as an alternative to doing it yourself: www . mxpulse . com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=194

I've had to separate the link out as I am still unable to post Links on the forum. (Can a Mod check this out please?)

I wrote this after you post here when I realised there was a solution to using PG2 blocklists with Metis. The script is able to download PG2 blocklists automatically, by default it will download the one I compiled but it can be used with any list with a command provided in the script.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Hi Miners,
i know it sounds like alot of IP's to block,
but ive seen the spammer banned from a room then re-enter with a different IP & hit it again 4 mins later,
if he can change Ip's that fast, then you will be forever updating as you see a new IP, possible he will change faster than you can update,
Pri's auto updating one does it for you.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
True he can and will change ips that fast. But when you already have an updated (semi-live) list of the exit nodes all over the planet, he change click his little 'change identity' button all he wants to.
He gets banned, then banned again, then banned again, etc. If the monkey wishes to spend his time entering just to be banned and clicking a mouse to try again just to fail again, I have no problem with it. To me its simply amusing. If I weren't in the middle of buying a house, I would spend time setting the bot to annoy and irritate the little pest as well before banning. In the real world though, certain other things take priority. ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  How to annoy the dimwitt that likes to hook up via Tor and cause trouble.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx