gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 05:54:28 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Administrators view what you are downloading?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Administrators view what you are downloading?  (Read 1452 times)

Chrissa

Administrators view what you are downloading?
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »
Hi! I just found out that WinMx is back   :thumbs: but ever since a campus scare as well as a neighbor's run in with the RIAA resulting in thousands of fines (not mine)..... I would like to know...

If you are on a campus or home LAN can your Administrator see what you are downloading or just that you are using Winmx? P2P programs can be used for a number of reasons so they just can't accuse but since my school as well as my mother has been "Scared Straight" they are starting to come down very hard on student network privileges.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Administrators view what you are downloading?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:18:46 pm »
It is possible for someone with a http/tcp sniffer to detect what your downloading, they may not however be able to show its winmx that initiated the transfer as every other part of the client has encryption built into the system, so if your going to use WinMX can I suggest you steer clear of copyrighted top 40 style material, the only secure methods to swap files are those that feature anonymity and are often slow and feature a massively reduced choice of music and users, networks such as Waste, Ants and some others that are better not named for now.

On a personal note I would suggest you borrow music from friends to listen to if your concerned with getting into trouble but if your ready to move past the recording industries scare tactics please take note that they can only sue people for UPloading ( offering a file to others ), no one has ever been sued for Downloading to my knowledge as its not an offence to download for your own personal use.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Administrators view what you are downloading?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx