gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 01:03:15 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  File Order
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: File Order  (Read 2357 times)

Afterlife

File Order
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:25:49 pm »
Hi All.

Pls can someone help me..

I see that when i browse files of someone that they have their files in such an order that i think that i would find confusing,ie,,files are like 01 track name ,01 track name ,01 track name,02 track name ,02 ,02 ,03 03 04 ,04 ,05 and so on.
I think i would find this a very hard way to find files if i had mine that way.
I have mine ,artist name then track name ,not all this 01s 02s 03s ,is there a reason why this is done ?

Very :? as to why this is done.

Love this place :wink,

KM

File Order
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:30:26 pm »
its probably where when they ripped the song the program they did it with had the track numbers, you'll probably find they have each album in a different folder so the ordering only matters for each directory.

if you click show full paths then it will include the paths when sorting the files in the browse window so should group them by album if they have the albums in seperate folders :-D

Karet

File Order
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 11:55:16 pm »
I have mine setup as such:  Artist - Album - Track# - Title

Now I do get a bunch in my q (although I do have over 5000 files)

Does anyone think that just Artist - Title would be better WinMX wise?

( I have it setup becuz it's easier for me to find a song on my comp for example: say I wanted to listen to Scream of the Butterfly by Acid Bath...
I would go to my music HD then go to Acid Bath, then go to the folder labeled "When The Kite String Pops (1994)" (as that is what album it is on), then I know it's track 6 on the cd so I go directly to 6 and click on it not even looking at anything else. (I also have everything viewed as a list) so therefore it is MUCH easier and organized for myself but how many people think that for WinMX's sake I should change it?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
File Order
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 02:17:08 am »
The best thing for WinMX is for folks to use all and every variant of the systems described, as this makes it posible to obtain the files without them all being flooded/faked.

I personally use either Artist - Title , or Artist - Album - Title
although its fine if folks want to use hash numbers even (obviously after marking the items on p2p Revolution with the proper title ), or some other form of non obvious sytem, anything to make the Cartel have to divide their effort.   :D

For those Who have never visited the P2P revolution site

http://www.p2p-revolution.com/

The site has a hash database of known good hashes that are automatically loaded into your transfers page to obtain the file selected.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  File Order

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx