gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 02:27:11 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  WinMX 3.54b4 & Vista 64 issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX 3.54b4 & Vista 64 issues  (Read 6110 times)

Offline realscot

• Forum Member
WinMX 3.54b4 & Vista 64 issues
« on: September 21, 2008, 01:49:28 pm »
I've recently done a reinstall and went from vista32 to 64.  WinMX worked fine for me in 32 but with 64, it connects fine, but returns little to no search results and all uploads/downloads time out.   I've got AVG setup correctly, all ports mapped on Windows Firewall, and router is setup correctly with tcp/udp ports mapped. 
Is this just an issue with Vista64 or is there perhaps another fix I can try?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: WinMX 3.54b4 & Vista 64 issues
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:17:02 am »
HI Realscot,

Usually this issue will have little to do with the operating system or the specs of a PC, other then if any static IPs where set up in the Network confurations.  Which I suspect the IP Address assigned to this PC could/would have changed upon this reconstruction of yours lol

So thats the first thing I would check because uploads/ and search results will be a port/firewall issue. 

Downloads however are not related to ports and I suggest that you may have some other settings not quite right or this can also be because your not using a filtering patch like the ones from:
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

If you are its going to be settings, if WinMX will connect it will download. (once a file is found lol). 

Try checking your router configs and your network connection for the correct IP address.
Go to Start > Run > type cmd and OK.
A new black box will appear, in it type ipconfig
Then hit Enter
You will now see lots of information, of this you want the one that says 'IP Address' (IPv4) Make a note of it.
**Note: not to be confused with the 'Default Gateway Address'.
Close the box.

Go to the router settings and verify that is the same ip still used in what rules you have.  If not fix them and try your searches and uploads.. see how that goes.  If the ip is correct then I'd suggest rechecking any protective software you have on teh system, firewalls, windows defender, etc and make sure those all have WinMX allowed also.

Let us know ...

Offline realscot

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 10:23:26 am »
Ok, i've tried disabling windows firewall and avg and windows defender to no avail.   I had already changed the IP settings in the router after the reinstall.
I also use 6699TCP for utorrent and it works fine (i didnt have it running at the same time!)  MX works fine on my laptop with the ports mapped for its IP adress so I dunno.  I really cant see it being anyother firewall setting, as they have all been disabled, as well as having MX added and also the tcp/udp ports manually mapped.  I even tried compatability mode and also "run as admin" but still the same result.. Connects fine, but returns little to no search results and always times out on download/uploads even though i changed timeout to 180sec!
I used the main vista installer from the winmxconx site, same as i used in 32bit and it worked fine there. I dunno i guess i'll just have to use the laptop for winmx downloads :(

Offline realscot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:45:26 am »
ok i tried uninstalling and reinstalling with all security disabled and manually added the patch, and touch wood it seems to be working!  The upload queue has already jumed to 50 with 2 downloads hitting over 100k/sec so it looks like im back in business.
I can't see how what i've done would have made a difference, but it has.  I also switched the TCP port to 6999 just incase even without utorrent running they were interfering with eachother.
Thanks for the help

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:48:13 am »
Great thanks for letting us know realscot.

Happy winmxing. :D
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  WinMX 3.54b4 & Vista 64 issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx