gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:58:28 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RIAA Still Suing File Sharers?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RIAA Still Suing File Sharers?  (Read 752 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
RIAA Still Suing File Sharers?
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:23:41 am »
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9953/RIAA+Still+Suing+File-Sharers%3F

It was December 18th of last year that the RIAA declared "peace in our time," that it had decided to end the highly controversial strategy of suing individuals for illegal file-sharing and that it instead wants ISPs to adopt a three-strikes policy for copyright infringement accusations. Ray Beckerman of Recording Industry vs the People has now posted a copy of a summons and complaint served on a defendant by the RIAA on December 26, 2008, some 8 days after its announcement that it was ending its campaign of targeting individual file-sharers in a Massachusetts case, UMG Recordings v. Briggs. So the real question is, is the RIAA still going to sue people for illegal file-sharing? It says it has quit, but the proof that it hasn't is clearly posted for all to see.

So much for RIAA Pres Cary Sherman's declaration that it had switched strategies. Perhaps the RIAA is beginning to have a change of heart considering that all the major ISPs have denied any plans to assist copyright holders by terminating the accounts of those repeatedly accused of copyright infringement. 

Talk about white man speaks with forked tongue !!!! We have got used to the RIAA telling us anything, but the truth. It's beginning to look like they are getting desperate and will clutch at any straw that they think will serve their purpose.

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: RIAA Still Suing File Sharers?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:31:48 pm »
I didn't believe the mongrels when they announced it. The leopard cannot change it's spots.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:56:13 am »
The other story that Bees posted says they've quit but that they will still go after the ones that are already in the pipelines or I guess have already been targeted. It's at the end of the quote here ->https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=7586.0.html
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 10:34:16 am »
They have tried to pull a fast one and gain publicity but the reality is as Stripes suggest business as normale extorting revenue from those least able to pay, the same folks who cant afford lawyers or have any real idea of how the legal system works, the Cartel has no such excuse.

Please stop purchasing Cd's and "legal" downloads folks until they stop this evil and deceitful extortion racket, the alternative is to help them sue filesharers with your revenue.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:27:23 pm »
I completely agree. I haven't bought a cd in a couple years now. Now movies on the other hand you know, I kind of have no choice.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RIAA Still Suing File Sharers?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx