gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 07:25:32 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Groove Armada: Fighting File Sharing is 'Utterly Futile'
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Groove Armada: Fighting File Sharing is 'Utterly Futile'  (Read 789 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Groove Armada: Fighting File Sharing is 'Utterly Futile'
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:16:13 am »
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9972/Groove+Armada%3A+Fighting+File-Sharing+is+%27Utterly+Futile%27

Comments come as it announced details of a file-sharing model the band has launched in partnership with Bacardi to promote their new EP.

Groove Armada's Andy Cato isn't pulling any punches when it comes to his thoughts on P2P and file-sharing, which he observes has now become so mainstream that it's way beyond anybody's control or best efforts to stop. "It's utterly futile to try and stop people, just like it was stopping people creating mix tapes once they had two decks and a tape recorder," said Cato. "It'll just waste a lot of time and hot air, and they'll end up looking like a government that has no idea what's going on on the street." Cato's comments come as Groove Armada announced details of a file-sharing model called Bacardi B-Live Share the band has launched in partnership with Bacardi to promote their new EP. Fans who sign up to Bacardi B-Live Share get a free music track to share with their friends online. The more they and their friends share the track, the more available others become. 

As I have mentioned before, artists have more idea of what's going on than the RIAA and they are not half as greedy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Grove Armada: Fighting File Sharing is 'Utterly Futile'
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 12:48:09 pm »
kickass!... bacardi, groove armada and filesharing.... that'll make for a nice mellow night ;)

"....blue skies... smilin at me..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh1AOKriQBQ

for those of drinking age; getcha a 12oz(i think it was a 12oz) bottle of berry (i think its berry anyway... i just remember it being 'the purple one') gatoraid rain and either a double or single (pick your poison.. i think i did a double) shot of apple bacardi... tastes great and the gatoraid will send the bacardi straight to your head... :P (notice how my memory of that random 'off-the-cuff mixed drink "invention"' is rather.... cloudy... tho i think i may have drank something before -- this was the one that finished that night...) :lol:

[EDIT]
yep... from someone who remembers better (clearer?) than i... it was a 12oz berry gatoraid rain and a double shot of apple bacardi... :lol:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Groove Armada: Fighting File Sharing is 'Utterly Futile'
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:42:27 pm »
This is more my cup of tea  8)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aTObBNQ1anQ

I like the various remixes too  :lol:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Groove Armada: Fighting File Sharing is 'Utterly Futile'
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:04:48 pm »
you know what would be funny (and would most likely boost some sales) is if bands stuck high bitrate mp3 (tho pref ogg vorbis but noone seems to like that format but the FOSS and creative commons communities) filled usb thumb drives that are in a waterproof case in the bottle itself... (name your drink... bacardi... coke... pepsi... whatever)... you get a drink some music and a reuseable thumb drive... :P

..and lets just hope they keep the 'autorun.inf' and DRM BS out of the equasion... no software... just the music files...

...but knowing our (music fans) luck the bottling companies would become the new RIAA... :/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Groove Armada: Fighting File Sharing is 'Utterly Futile'

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx