gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:27:50 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Recent connection/upload/download issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Recent connection/upload/download issues  (Read 1185 times)

MXphile

Recent connection/upload/download issues
« on: October 16, 2005, 06:13:49 pm »
Hi everyone,
     First post, but I've been lurking since the winmx.com shutdown. I've pretty much used every one of the fixes since then without much problem. I've bounced back and forth between the .dll and piepatches. I started with first host file fix. I then tried the .dll. During the WinMxWorld move/crash, I switched back over to piepatch. Then I readded the .dll after the fix to prevent crashes was made since some people felt that using both fixes covered all the bases. I started having weird things go on, so I removed the .dll and used the piepatch alone since vladd's site raised some compatability issues when using both fixes. Well, I switched to the 1.9 .dll after reading about the pie team's plans. Maybe if they weren't renaming WinMX and trying lock out .dll users, I'd be more comfortable with their fix.
     Anyways, I went to the 1.9 .dll last Wednesday or Thursday (10/12 or 10/13). Everything worked fine untill yesterday. I've had some problems getting WinMX to work right since then though. First my info, I'm running XP pro, WinMX 2.54, and make secondary connections (dial-up  :( ). Here's the problem I'm having: when I start Win MX it connects in a reasonable time. However, it only returns search results in the first few second (10-20) after being connected, and no downloads or uploads start. Within 3-5 and no more than 10 minutes, WinMX is reconnecting. It seems as though the connection is lost almost immediately, but it takes WinMX a while to realize it. This continues almost endlessly. I left my rig running for the last 18 hours and only was able to received and send a few Kb of info.
     Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? A I said WinMX worked fine a few days ago, and I haven't changed anything since then. Has the piepatch already started ignoring .dll users?
Thanks

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Recent connection/upload/download issues
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 10:15:27 pm »
Hi MXphile,
Welcome to the posters club.. lol.. just kidding.. welcome to our forum.

I have heard a few people having this same troubles as you however, its been an issue since way before the crash took place.

Let me reassure you about the PIE Patch the best I can.  They do not have the caches they control set up to ignore *.dll users at this time.  Those are concerns of ours for future developments and why we are watching things closely.

The secondary connection problem is not easy to solve, I am connected secondary and find this happens to myself also from time to time but usually exiting the program completely and restarting it seems to help as a temporary solution.  This can be aggrivating indeed, and your observations are the same as my own regarding the search resutls .  It appears to have lost its connection before it even knows it, this could be attributed though, to the primary your connected through.  

I suspect that if its due to a stressed primary connection, usually related to the flooding, that things should get better with time and more users coming back.

Ok long winded and not many answers its true,  your concerns are valid, your not alone, so its more then likely not your system or set up, and for now just restart is my best advice.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Recent connection/upload/download issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx