gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 02:23:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  some tools on windows7
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: some tools on windows7  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
some tools on windows7
« on: April 20, 2010, 03:25:18 am »
hi all,

i had the time to dive into this alll the way but i seem to notice some problems  running some tools on windows 7, because i m sure there's more experienced users around than me who could hand me some quick tips or pointers i want to try to just drop a few things i noticed here

- shareguard will not go into my testroom, this is the first time i'm trying to enter it on wcs 1.8.8 linux , so it might not have anything to do with win7 at all

- roboserv has problems saving the config in the usuall way eventhough i tried changing alot of file permissions, running it as admin, in xp mode etc etc

- has some problems saving pluggin settings like roboserv and at least the filefinder pluggin is not responding, i tried the same tricks i did on roboserve

i  m sure there will be more to add to this list but like i said i have not had the time or patience to test alot, i hope i m simply overlooking some simple stuff, anyone has any ideas?

thanks in advance, greetings,
Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
Re: some tools on windows7
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 03:26:45 am »
correction : i have not had the time

(still missing edit buttons on here ... grrrrr
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 07:25:03 am »
Have you tried XP Compatibility Mode Josh. See if everything works fine and if it does then you know for sure that it's Windows 7.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 07:53:45 am »
Thanks for you reply Watcher, i must admit i should look at it better spend more time on it and search deeper but yes i did.... like i said ...." in xp mode etc etc" (quoting myself ...lol)

hoping for more ideas ;-)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:12:21 am »
- shareguard will not go into my testroom, this is the first time i'm trying to enter it on wcs 1.8.8 linux , so it might not have anything to do with win7 at all

- roboserv has problems saving the config in the usuall way eventhough i tried changing alot of file permissions, running it as admin, in xp mode etc etc

thanks in advance, greetings,
Joshua203
Hi Joshua,
well to be honest, i found ages ago sharegard didnt like alot of rooms, and i run trusty Windows XP,
in fx1.3.9 all was ok, in 1.3.10 betta it sometimes went in, most times didnt, on wcs it used to only read 1/3 of the files & go to sleep,
i currently run wcs1.8.8 and wcb0.5.2

also even on Win XP i found roboserv wont save settings when i messed with/tested it.

so youre not alone, if you want to try wcb Its Here and so is all the plugins

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:13:12 am »
oooh and btw Watcher if you where only refering to shareguard ..

it does everything correct upto the point where SG says  "connection establish please wait.."

and then i wait , wait a little more and more etc, could wait for days on end...lol

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 08:19:58 am »
thanks also for replying Max

i must admit i have my doubts about wcs linux and SG combi, but it used to work great in my old robeserve rooms on XP, problem is wcb is just as broken ...maybe even more?¿

Roboserve ..well i think i m quite experienced on that one and it does not have the problem you tell me on XP .. at least not on my machines in my setups

i think i have all the pluggins and also most if not all the wcb installs but i might checking you forum Max .. i ve allready past it a couple of times before ;-)

THNX sofar guys

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 07:34:56 pm »
Max .. as a thank you for those downloads (it was easier to redownload all in stead of ripping them from my old discs on a dead and buried machine) i wanted to register on you site

you seem to have a captcha problem there or i need stronger glasses, both could be true ... lol

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 07:42:40 pm »
never mind .. i m in now .. dunnow what happened there, something confusing for sure   :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  some tools on windows7

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx