gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:15:04 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  If your gonna petition, get your facts right
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: If your gonna petition, get your facts right  (Read 4922 times)

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
If your gonna petition, get your facts right
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:15:29 am »
I quote from the petition i found on this sites Homepage:

Vladd
We petition you to take a greater look at your actions.  Please think of the good of WinMX and not the glory of yourself.  We petition you to stop allowing the planning of attacks on the ws2_32.dll or any other means KM releases that allows users to connect.  We petition you to also stop the planing of this take over of WinMX to change it into your personal p2p ie: PieMX.

Firstly, the name chosen was MXpie.

Secondly this the name of a new website Operation Pie will be using as a media focul point.

Thirdly, If Km's patch works for users, then fantastic, if however it causes crashing and disconnecting, then why would anyone wish to use it? thats just silly.

Forthly - Vladd, glory? you have to be joking, ANYONE who knows Vladd knows he has zero interest in Self promotion, he just isnt capable of wanting limelight.

In addition, what is this rubbish about "taking over winmx" see point 2, or are u suggesting that a media/PR focal point is "taking over winmx"??

Its difficult to begin enlisting the help of the worlds press without a focal point, and since Winmx.com etc is not available (although i have attempted to contact Kevin for the release of those domain names) it seemed a new Domain name was required, its that simple folks, if you wish to go with the comspiracy theories then, do as you wish.

I would also add, Operation Pie is transparant, we have publically released the full recent meeting, we have also released the Organization chart showing individuals and their field of operations. In addition we are still taking on help and expanding the team, i personally added 7 new volenteers to help with a number of projects in the last 2 days.

With that in mind, how many meetings and discussions have taken place within the Winmxworld/km Camp, will we be seeing the Logs of these, so we know what direction your taking??

Just a snippet of a conversation, those with conspiracy theories will freak at this:

SABre'911_15745 (DSL 0 files) has entered
<WinMX World Help Bot632> Hello SABre', Welcome to WinMXWorld.com Room  Are you connected on a Primary?  Then use Sherwood to Keep the RIAA,s Hands off our network!  If you need information or help feel free to ask or type 'HELP' (in Caps).  Thanks.
<Rock001> whats up sabre?
SABre'911_15745 has left
<Rock001> ohh  
<KM333> lol, he obviously came in to have a long chat with you  
<Rock001> lol ... very long chat huh
<Rock001> he went into the ouka room too
<KM333> hmm, i'm going to pop in to "his office" then... lol
<Rock001> lol .. where is that?
<KM333> he calls the develop room his office... at least my office has a desk in it!
<KM333> lol
<Rock001> lol
<KM333> my office is also designed to resist multiple large bombs without any effect on operations, how many small bombs do you think his office can withstand?

I think i make my point...

Ps. To the site moderators, please feel free to Move this post if i have posted in the incorrect place, i promise i wont bitch about it, or accuse you of censorship, or being a Nazi, damn lucky i have thick skin.  :D

Angel

petition Vladd
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:09:19 am »
I would like to comment on reading this as im wondering if KM wanted the whole glory for himself , as just before this happened we had a room member scaring new members saying she was now also a member of the new owners of winmx ,and they could make oe break users and rooms, when asked what she was talking about she came up with KM and winmxworld.com .At this time normal users knew nothing about the threat of closure to winmx but when i posted this i was assured that this member was talking rubbish but tbh it now makes u wonder what really was going on behind the users bk and u really must remember without the users on winmx mxpie or sabmx whatever you call it  , it wont exist so winmx world i think u need to up your ideas Vladd never gave up there ws no final post from him like there was from KM  if u try working as ateam just think what you are capable of . KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK VLADD'S team your doing great  :D

KM

Re: If your gonna petition, get your facts right
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 02:19:08 pm »
Quote from: ..Ñøßߥ..
Thirdly, If Km's patch works for users, then fantastic, if however it causes crashing and disconnecting, then why would anyone wish to use it? thats just silly.

because a small handful of users have problems means that nobody should use it? i guess if we go by your own argument, then using ranma's peer caches is a bad idea and nobody should do it, as nearly everyone has major problems with those (hence keeping my caches in use even though you publicly try to act as if you are in no way dependant on me... even suggesting removing them and being told you can't because users won't be able to connect if you do that... lol)

Forthly - Vladd, glory? you have to be joking, ANYONE who knows Vladd knows he has zero interest in Self promotion, he just isnt capable of wanting limelight.

i believe you are looking in a mirror and seeing the reverse of reality, when has he ever done anything NOT for the self promotion? i think a good example is the whole p2p-revolution, he fully supported it and was going around promoting the idea like mad until when it was finally ready i went and announce it was ready, as soon as he realised that he was not going to get the glory for having announced it he suddenly started barely mentioning it... that is just one example of many

In addition, what is this rubbish about "taking over winmx" see point 2, or are u suggesting that a media/PR focal point is "taking over winmx"??

vladd and sabre have repeatedly said that their primary objective is to take sole control of winmx so they can dictate to users what they can and cant do, this is no secret, and sabre even mentions his goal of hijacking winmx in that log - although he claims to have done it, despite the fact that several individuals have done it and he is not one of them... but that is a different thread...

Its difficult to begin enlisting the help of the worlds press without a focal point, and since Winmx.com etc is not available (although i have attempted to contact Kevin for the release of those domain names) it seemed a new Domain name was required, its that simple folks, if you wish to go with the comspiracy theories then, do as you wish.

so you think piemx is more obvious to users than the existing domain names? it is simply self promotion and has a primary goal of being more general than just "winmx" so that you can draw users away from winmx and on to ares - which yes it has been stated by all 3 of the people who decide what you all think that you should just give people ares and pretend it is winmx...

I would also add, Operation Pie is transparant, we have publically released the full recent meeting,

where are these posts of meetings where a group of people worked together to make decisions?

we have also released the Organization chart showing individuals and their field of operations.

paperwork does not make something good

i can give you a organisational chart of a medium sized company showing a huge list of useless managers and a handful of people at the bottom who actually do work and get nothing to show for it, doesn't make that company good...

In addition we are still taking on help and expanding the team, i personally added 7 new volenteers to help with a number of projects in the last 2 days.

so it is all about membership numbers? not actual ability or knowledge or anything like that? in that case, how about i go get a list of every user using one of my patches and claim them as members and i can have a much bigger group than you, would that make the slightest bit of difference to anything?

a single person who knows about winmx and is able to make things that work is worth more than a bunch of people spreading rumours and hearsay - as you yourself admit in the fact that you have a single user doing all of the work for you (and getting none of the credit btw) who has an OK sort of knowlage of winmx

With that in mind, how many meetings and discussions have taken place within the Winmxworld/km Camp, will we be seeing the Logs of these, so we know what direction your taking??

people discuss things all the time, are you saying how many times did someone from here go and set up a time and place to announce pre-made decisions? none, that is not called working as a group

I think i make my point...

which point is that?

Ps. To the site moderators, please feel free to Move this post if i have posted in the incorrect place, i promise i wont bitch about it, or accuse you of censorship, or being a Nazi, damn lucky i have thick skin.  :D

this site doesn't have moderator's such as other sites, we do not moderate content here, although occasional administration is required, but as far as i am aware nothing post related so far (except changing of permissions to prevent editing posts after someone went and edited their post instead of replying to it... that could count as administration)

and to be perfectly honest i won't even bother replying to the other post, nobody who thinks "well some idiot teen said it to sound good, so it is true" deserves a reply... especially one who selectively chooses just a couple of examples out of the thousands of people making such stupid claims, only one group is restricting access to the peer caches they are in charge of, and i certainly have nothing to do with them...

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 03:21:35 pm »
This was in response the the inaccurate and extremely anti Winmx petition placed on the home page of www.winmxworld.com

I'm now done with the ongoing issues, i am going to focus my efforts on the restoration of Winmx rather than waste further time with people who have their own agends and are upset they are not getting enough limelight. It will take some will power on my part to avoid reply to the ongoing lies and flame efforts of some users, but i will do my very best to remain tight lipped, perhaps those responsible will get the Ignore message more clearly than the truth message ive tried to get across

anyone has any specific and factual complaints:

complaints@mxpie.com

Offline BigChickenChit

• Forum Member
    • http://www.techprocomp.com
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 04:06:05 pm »
From what I have read, it seems like the pie patch works great for windows xp users, and the dll patch works great for windows 98/me users.  Please correct me if i'm wrong.  You are both doing awesome jobs, working together might be better than racing to the finish line.
Chick

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 04:21:47 pm »
The latest patch will work with any sytem BigChickenChit.

Nobby I expected better of you.

Winmx will survive your hijack because the users are people who know that attacking others is wrong.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 04:39:14 pm »
Firstly,
I could care less what name you choose, its the principle behind making decision for WinMX users without their prior knowledge of such or the ability to allow them to have a say in it, with any opposition from us being deemed as flaming.

Secondly,
It would appear from your own logs that its much more then a website its your very own new and improved WinMX that even your only programmer cant figure out yet, and the 'Sheep' of WinMX will just follow you blindly.

Thirdly,
The Patch is working great for the majority of users on it at this time, and your fix is not perfect either.  The comment made about removing it would be innocent possibly if you didnt bother to read the entire logs ie: 'Removing it from our site... Get it off ppls comps so we can move forward ...'
Id like to know why you are all so desperate to be the only solution, you dont see us plotting to destroy your work on your site, and make it our goal here to get users to get rid of the hosts files..
Although as I will mention again, its not a bad idea as your caches used in the PIE 2.6 version are blocking secondary connections and Damaging the Network..

Fourthly,
I personally am watching this from an even greater vantage point then even Vladd himself could see during the preceding weeks..
He is taking his sole technical advisory from a man that has not got a complete working knowledge of the wpn, that also seems more bent on his own glorification than whats actually good for MX.  
Now hes allowing this small group of individuals to lay personal and public attacks, plots and general chaos in his good name.. Nobby I am sorry but I can see no other reason for a man of Vladds stature to have put himself in a position to even consider himself bigger then WinMX unless those are his motives..

I am sorry Nobby but quite honestly as I read this log your right its not just Vladd.. and as your a part of that I wouldnt expect you to see it..

So my final point is this lets just see what all the users think about how innocent you, your group, and Vladd are when they read this.
if anyone has any doubts that the content posted on this petition was taken out of context PLEASE read it all!!!!

I dont want you or anyone thinking you can make decisions about WinMXs future without the consent of the USERS.. yes I said USERS.. not me, or Ghost, or KM i said

USERS own mx now ...so stop pretending you have some sort of higher power over them...

Your little quote of our room was interesting.. I guess.. um was there a 5th point to that.. I missed it.....

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 04:12:47 am »
well said me here. everyone seems to be forgetting that for years vladd has said he wanted to make his own p2p program. no one replied to the post made pointing out: http://web.archive.org/web/20031211094921/http://vladdware.com/
that is an old archived home page of his site. look at the right side bottom. before he was forced to update when wmw hit the net and his page looked primative with little to no updating since rcms came out. he was calling it vladdware. now it seems in a world of paid google ads and people writing the program for him he can have his own p2p. beyond those with programming skills the pie team is nothing more then a bunch of "groupies" aka sheep as he likes to call them blowing smoke up his ass. it is good he made nobby the head of his public relations. all the guy does is kiss up and draw more bad publicity to it all because he does not know when to shut his mouth or how not to be a martyr

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 05:08:31 am »
"Forthly - Vladd, glory? you have to be joking, ANYONE who knows Vladd knows he has zero interest in Self promotion, he just isnt capable of wanting limelight."
lmao. put that way, there is no possible way you even buy that nobby. suppose you weren't around when rcms was made by the japanese and vladd got a copy. then had shell2600 translate for him so he could put it on his site and become the self proclaimed "winmx god". or how about when rcms 5.x came out and poison nushi followed. i guess you would never dare remember that vladd would close his own channel late at night to proxy himself and go room crashing to play with his new toy. let's not forget how bothered he was over benders first bot when he had gemini make the nushi compatible 2.5 bot. do not try to feed people bullshit soup when you won't really take the first spoonful.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 05:30:25 am »
Thank god we have a historian here, things I have known for a long time myself, and some I didnt even know..

I have to say its nice to see that someone remembers that KMs not the only one that was involved with little destructive toys, KM was just not as good at hiding it.  
Not to mention the fact there are plenty of copies of nushi poison out there but you'll pay hell finding a copy of a real chat attack... :P

KM

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 11:29:17 am »
not very good at hiding it? i have nothing to hide, i have not gone around crashing channels (although i will admit that i did kill vladds website when he challenged me to, saying i couldn't, his reaction was quite funny)

i did distribute nushi poison, i would do the same again in the same circumstances - winmx was being attacked, and someone had to do something to stop it... so i did, and it did stop it, but because vladd didn't think that idea up it must have been a bad idea :roll:

and as for chat attack, yes, i did make it as a bit of an experiment, in fact it was originally a little toy to test a theory about being able to lag a channel easily but when i did a test on a "live" channel (my own channel before anyone says anything) it turned out it does a little more than that, as for it being leaked - i only allowed 3 people to have it, and i did trust them all... although it quickly turned out that one of them could not be trusted, but i guess 20-20 hindsight isn't much use there :roll:

however vladds actions are mostly kept secret because he does have things to hide, rather than go around listing every incident i'll just direct you to his home page if you want to see what sort of person he is... (i am of course referring to the fact he is sending users to scam websites for money)

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 06:42:41 pm »
the difference between km and vladd is that km never had trouble living up to anything he did. vladd always sugarcoated, danced around and pointed the blame on anyone but himself to ensure he came out smelling like roses. i'm sure "pr" nobby surely must know that in the case of butcher boys, vladd played chicken when it came to banning him from the room and had a lengthy private nushi room set up to discuss how gemini should do it. you'll never see the text to that conversation either though. funny how vladd sounds more and more like tom sawyer getting unknowing users to paint his fence. i'm sure nobby, or shall we call him "nobody" will not post a reply here as per vladd's order. if he does, it is only because i taunted him into doing so and it will be of no real substance. much like many of vladd's debates in general.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 11:07:06 am »
Quote from: guest
. i'm sure nobby, or shall we call him "nobody" will not post a reply here as per vladd's order.

lol, coming from a guest to chicken s**t to reveal their name thats rich...

:roll:

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 01:19:56 pm »
that would be the best you got. you go back to feeling all important and do as vladd tells you. you might get a piece of the PIE or at least a reach around.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 10:32:34 pm »
Settle down Guest, Nobby has chosen his path and slogging it out with him is not going to change a thing.

I for one know he feels that his actions are the best for winmx, and although I do not share his view I respect his right to make those views heard.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  If your gonna petition, get your facts right

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx