gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:27:54 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  'Significant' layoffs at MPAA
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 'Significant' layoffs at MPAA  (Read 1260 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
'Significant' layoffs at MPAA
« on: February 07, 2009, 11:57:43 am »
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9992/Report%3A+MPAA+to+Lay+Off+Over+10%25+of+Work+Force

Many of the major film studios have gone through a painful round of layoffs and now the industry's trade group is cutting staff, too. The Motion Picture Association of America, much maligned by file sharers everywhere, has gone through a "significant" round of layoffs, according to a studio source. The source said the layoffs were well over 10 percent and more reductions are expected. A spokeswoman for the MPAA confirmed the layoffs to CNET News, but declined to provide numbers or percentages. The group battles copyright infringement on behalf of the six largest film studios. How the cutbacks will affect the group's antipiracy efforts is unclear. The ailing economy is hurting Hollywood and staff cutbacks have occurred at Paramount, Warner Bros., and Disney, as well as others. The MPAA's leadership is mostly unaffected, said the MPAA spokeswoman.

I wonder if they'll try suing the worlds economic leaders?

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
Re: 'Significant' layoffs at MPAA
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 05:15:45 pm »
The MPAA's leadership is mostly unaffected, said the MPAA spokeswoman.

That confirms something fundamental about my view of the world.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 06:50:02 pm »
The MPAA's leadership is mostly unaffected, said the MPAA spokeswoman.

That confirms something fundamental about my view of the world.
Exactly. Most companies are having to make cutbacks, but shockingly (or not so much) the people on top never even consider taking a pay cut themselves. In fact, when the economy started going south, those in charge probably gave themselves pay raises in order to pad their bank accounts. Just like how all of these bailouts keep happening: the government hands over 60 billion dollars, and what's the first thing that we hear? All of the top people receive large bonuses and go on vacations.

Psh.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:21:45 pm »
....when the economy started going south, those in charge probably gave themselves pay raises in order to pad their bank accounts.....

but look at it this way.... the rusting bottom of a bucket can only hold for so long before even the items at the top suddenly fall to the ground....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  'Significant' layoffs at MPAA

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx