gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 04:50:45 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Archive  |  A suggestion? maybe?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A suggestion? maybe?  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
A suggestion? maybe?
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:59:21 am »
I think that a good feature for the archive would be to create a kind of login system for it. So that each developer would have access to their folder, and would be able to upload new versions of this programs along with information about each one so the supervisors won't have to do it? Maybe have there be a "new programs" icon on the main tree to show that developers have added new stuff?
- Josh

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: A suggestion? maybe?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:06:17 am »
Thanks Josh I will look into this but I have a gut feeling that it might be able to be done. :S
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:57:17 am »
the downside ofc would be people could UL all sorts of dubious apps without prior community testing, i can think of more reasons NOT to offer such a system than i can for, just to open to abuse.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:22:49 pm »
Quite true ... i think also any apps must be well tested and approved before they are added to the site .... as even when you think people are doing good for the comunity things are not always the case as recent events have proved.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 02:45:50 am »
I agree with the cautionary method of adding of items to the archive, its often the case these days that I have to pull programs due to some kind of abuse, however the archive is one of my areas of  responsibility and as such I ask you to show me what you think is missing from it as I admit my mind is on other matters but most of the developers with the exception of Zenar have a fairly up to date folder,  changes are not occurring so fast these days that I,m run off my feet  so if you want something added then post it on the site and I,m sure it will find its way there.

On a security note, giving developers or anyone else not already allowed  access to the server is not going to happen as that would be inviting abuse and a potential breach of our forum users security.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Archive  |  A suggestion? maybe?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx