gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Embeded winmx?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Embeded winmx?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Stu-P-Dasso

• Forum Member
Embeded winmx?
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:03:33 pm »
I had an Idea about an embedded winmx app to put on web pages,
One that doesn t support down loading but will let ppl chat,
Just a way to let em know we ain't dead?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Embeded winmx?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:27:35 pm »
Please try not to double post Stu  :o

I think a few folks are interested in such a project and its been done before, however the down side is some idiots will often abuse such services and the hosts of the web sites  end up closing them down, I agree with you we do need more publicity but its not easy when there are no volunteers to go web posting to bring Mx to their attention, we are lucky many know of our existence from the old days, the good news is we are gaining more popularity again but in Japan mainly  :)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:33:34 am »
I'M trying to get KM's old php web chat to work, but it will take some time.
- Josh

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 02:14:14 pm »
Grab me josh, i have it working already.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Trestor

• Forum Member
  • Your call is important to us ...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 06:13:58 pm »
I have tried to promote mx at various forums, but I kept getting comments about it be old and how wonderful limewire is. I do not understand this, as I haven't seen anything that does this type of job better than mx; torrent is severely limited, and other p2p progs are hard to use. Perhaps inviting some blogs, freeware testers, reporters, etc, to do some write-ups about the 'resurrected mx' might get some profile that doesn't get shouted down the way I have been.

Offline Stu-P-Dasso

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 06:37:41 pm »
Please try not to double post Stu  :o

I think a few folks are interested in such a project and its been done before, however the down side is some idiots will often abuse such services and the hosts of the web site's end up closing them down, I agree with you we do need more publicity but its not easy when there are no volunteers to go web posting to bring Mx to their attention, we are lucky many know of our existence from the old days, the good news is we are gaining more popularity again but in Japan mainly  :)

First you would have a time limitation on how long you can be connected to the chat side of things, and of course block all of the sharing/browse capability's, on what ever site its on, but offer a link to a site to d/l the free version of winmx and get them rollin'.

And as far as promotion I for one have a radio station that will promote the "free" Legal winmx program. as Far as I know the winmx in itself is totally legal, but the rooms and users, are strictly off limits as far as promoting a certain room etc. etc.. Along with the individual sites that would be willing to promote a free social network, FREE, .

you know like

WINMX THE Really FREE SOCIAL NETWORK

or am I just blowing smoke?

Offline {MXC}michael

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 11:09:09 pm »
u may just be onto something there lol

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 02:14:12 am »
assuming we can find an interpretor or one that speaks english.. whoever is on the japanese side promoting winmx couldnt they possibly be reasoned into getting their partners in other countries to do the same? i couldnt imagine a site that draws 1500 people to a program not having a partner or affiliate.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Embeded winmx?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx