gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:20:50 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  On Science, Obama Puts His Mouth Where His Money Is
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: On Science, Obama Puts His Mouth Where His Money Is  (Read 980 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
On Science, Obama Puts His Mouth Where His Money Is
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:47:47 am »
http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/03/scintegrity.html

In addition to ending a ban on stem cell research funding, President Barack Obama issued a potentially landmark memo Monday declaring a new era of "scientific integrity" across government. In no uncertain terms, Obama signaled that the federal government would be guided by science, not the other way around. In offering a repudiation of the previous administration, he also promised a new era of transparency. "Political officials should not suppress or alter scientific or technological findings and conclusions," Obama wrote in an official memorandum. "If scientific and technological information is developed and used by the federal government, it should ordinarily be made available to the public." (This is a highly edited version of the full article. Go to the link above for the full article)

"Political officials should not suppress or alter scientific or technological findings and conclusions," ........ that's the bit I liked  :-D

Offline RReactor

• Forum Member
Re: On Science, Obama Puts His Mouth Where His Money Is
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:10:14 am »
hmm this news just really made me think of how much this will affect the winmx community
RReactor

Offline FlapJack

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:05:55 pm »
I see the postives this can bring, as well as the possible negatives.

It'll be interesting to see how this decision will turn out in the long run.
"When we don't know who to hate, we hate ourselves." Chuck Palahniuk

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 05:39:44 pm »
the religious nuts in this country will be all over this like stink on sh-- .... trust me...

...lets enjoy obama while we can... we'll only get 4 years of him (if he doesnt get shot or blown up first)

Offline Daniel

• Forum Member
  • chiot mignon
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:10:57 pm »
the religious nuts in this country will be all over this like stink on sh-- .... trust me...

...lets enjoy obama while we can... we'll only get 4 years of him (if he doesnt get shot or blown up first)
I don't know about that... We did get 12 years of Bush. :vomit:
- Have a nice explosive day.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:46:25 pm »
i ment that when obamas term is over he wont be re-elected due to the religious nuttery of this country... the same religious nuttery that put bush in power...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  On Science, Obama Puts His Mouth Where His Money Is

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx