gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 10:46:01 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  torrent subnet?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: torrent subnet?  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
torrent subnet?
« on: February 28, 2009, 11:44:13 pm »
i know through DHt some of the torrent programs are able to run searchs through peers without using a tracker site and that some are capable of going into a complete trackerless mode by saving ips in the active swarm and then trying to reconnect to them the next tim ethe program is started.

so wouldn't that make it possible to have a sub internet something like Usenet servers are except the fact that all the files used for a web page could be used.

in may 2007 Cornell university released a paper suggesting how full decentralization could occur then they released a plugin for vuze called Cubit wich was successful and then released another paper on it. if anyone is able to track down these papers they might be worth a skim through
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: torrent subnet?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 12:37:40 am »
This is WinMXworld Bacon, why would anyone here want info on the Cartels favourite IP harvesting application ?

For those that are interested feel free to follow this link to some of Dr. Yingwu Zhu's projects, unfortunately the only sources for the item mentioned by Bacon above that I have been able to locate are pay only and probably unlikely to be read by anyone here.

http://fac-staff.seattleu.edu/zhuy/web/dsl.htm

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 12:46:02 am »
it was just a discussion and if it could evolve to that whats to say winmx couldnt do the same since its already decentralized? if you actually do manage to make a FOS client its not unconceivable to say that spin off programs will be made nor would it be unthinkable to say that it wont under go rapid developement and evolve many phases away from what it was. whether that was the communities intentions or not.

an example i can give is fedora core.
red hats intentions were for it to be a community developed server platform like red hat. but as of version 10 its a fully bloated noob freindly desktop replacement like ubuntu.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 01:05:29 am »
* GhostShip goes back to working on something practical as discussing hypertheticals its becoming a time consuming exercise.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  torrent subnet?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx