gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:21:39 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Urgent Alert For BT Business Customers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Urgent Alert For BT Business Customers  (Read 569 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Urgent Alert For BT Business Customers
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:06:08 am »
Check your emails folks as it seems BT is looking at stealing your bandwidth.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/27/bt_business_fon/

BT has begun transforming its commercial customers' Business Hubs into OpenZone hotspots for any passing Tom, Dick or Harry to share, and leaving businesses to figure out how to opt out of the scheme after the fact.

Under the scheme, 20,000 BT Business Broadband customers have already had their hubs upgraded, with another 200,000 being seconded into the OpenZone network over the next few months.

BT assures us that everyone received a notification e-mail providing details of how to opt out of the sharing arrangement.

The e-mail sent out to business customers explains that the hub will receive an overnight upgrade, warning the user to leave it switched on and so forth, before slipping in the exciting news, at paragraph four, that following the upgrade total strangers will be able to share their bandwidth:

What a dirty trick and likely illegal considering it firmly allows the theft of bandwidth that the BT business customer will be forced to pay for.

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: Urgent Alert For BT Business Customers
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 12:39:31 pm »
So much for paying for a business connection. Another example of an isp thinking it can treat customers just as it likes. Since when did paying for a certain amount of bandwidth mean that you actually got it !!!! An ISP's measure of bandwidth can mean anything these days.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Urgent Alert For BT Business Customers
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 12:22:26 pm »
What annoys me is that i left BT business as they brought in their fair usage cap that used to drop my conneciton at peak times to 35kbs a seconds. A massive horendus drop and it drove me to the point of paying my penalty and leaving early. So what do you do now if some little gimp is sat ouside your house, and decides to download a linux distro @ 7gig onto his laptop and they decide then you have gone over your shared BW and drop you too that rediculous speed. I sure as help their is some way of being able to prove who used the BW and what they downloaded. As im sure as hell wondering myself here as what if they decided not to download linux, and grabbed a few pictures to garry glitters liking. Id be going off my head at this.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Urgent Alert For BT Business Customers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx