gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 11:32:20 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate bay Trail Over - Judgement Due In April
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pirate bay Trail Over - Judgement Due In April  (Read 1105 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Pirate bay Trail Over - Judgement Due In April
« on: March 03, 2009, 02:36:32 pm »
The spectacular political "show trail" brought against the torrent site the Pirate Bay is now over.

http://torrentfreak.com/final-day-of-the-pirate-bay-trial-090303/
The Pirate Bay trial has come to an end, but not before the defendants’ lawyers had their final say. All four lawyers called for their clients to be acquitted on various grounds, while offering caution to the court to ignore the politic aspects of the trial.
As The Pirate Bay returns after being offline all night, the lawyers of defendants Fredrik Neij, Gottfrid Swartholm, Peter Sunde and Carl Lundström presented their closing statements to the court.

Apparently, Fredrik (TiAMO) got the site back up from inside the courtroom. “I fixed the Pirate Bay from inside the courtroom just minutes ago. The site is back online,” he told blogger Oscar Swartz.

If we are looking at this strictly on legal grounds the court has no choice but to find them innocent but with the Swedish government under pressure it may be that a judge will help them out by granting a conviction to save national embarrassment.

Offline Daniel

• Forum Member
  • chiot mignon
Re: Pirate bay Trail Over - Judgement Due In April
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:27:17 pm »
I think the USA's TV news won't even report on it if TPB wins. :no:
- Have a nice explosive day.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 07:57:46 pm »
I've been following this case closely, so far i haven't seen any actual evidence. A number of fairly poor witnesses, a hand full of worthless screen shots and some personal attacks on a defence witness. It seems the prosecution are taking the "oh comon judge we have loads of money they must be guilty" approach, i have seen little to suggest they have a valid case.

If the judge doesn't throw this out, he is clearly either a moron, or being "guided" down a path, lets hope the man stands firm and makes his judgment on the law not on any political pressure placed on him.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 08:30:51 pm »
this really does seem like a case that was here when i was about 15.
the guy (age:22) was with the boy scouts and this mother had her son in the same pack. but she also had a daughter (age:19) that got dragged to the same meetings. after a while she started talkin to the guy and the mom didnt like this. (since he was peirced up no one in the community really liked him) eventually the guy asked the girl on a date the mom gets pissed off and makes up some story about her son having a breakdown because he was molested by the guy.

they break up. it goes to court. the kid confesses his mom was lying. she gets landed in prison the guys rep is ruined and the girl lost her guy and the son blames himself for mommy bein in jail and the court wasted three months so even came out behind.

and from here it looks like everyone comes out behind the sweeds look like fools and the paranoid start spreading conspiracy theories about TPB
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 03:09:55 am »
I dont think the pirate bay having their status as a legally operating service affirmed is a lose situation for them Bacon, the only folks losing in either case on the propaganda front are the media Cartels, as ever technical ignorance it seems with the right amount of money in the right political pockets could still be seen to be the best policy.

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 09:20:14 am »
Will you guys not be told.......P2P causes all the worlds problems  :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pirate bay Trail Over - Judgement Due In April

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx