gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 05:42:58 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  winmx is not sending files to windows media player
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: winmx is not sending files to windows media player  (Read 2943 times)

creeper

winmx is not sending files to windows media player
« on: March 04, 2009, 05:57:02 pm »
I'm sorry for the stupid question but my wife and I cant figure out how to get our songs saved and sent to windows media player. I've tried going to the options and changing the saved files to be sent to win media player it is not doing it. If someone could help that would be great. Thank you so very much.

Offline Janz

• MX Hosts
Re: winmx is not sending files to windows media player
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 07:13:04 pm »
You don't say which operating system you are using or which version of Windows Media Player, as they do have differences

But essentially I would refer to the faq on this site http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/default.mspx

Most commonly you would go to File>Add to Media Library and add the folder or search the computer

Windows Media Player may automatically add files and folders but it tends to do these from the default folders such as 'My Music' and 'My Videos'. You may however have files stored in other areas you may wish to add to the Library. If you wish to make this an automated process alongside the defaults you must go to File>Add to Library or if you wish to you a shortcut simply press the F3 key.

Then select which media folders you wish to add,these will then automatically be monitored, anything added to them will be automatically put into your Windows Media Library. You may see an option about files previously deleted from the library, you may need to click that as you delete files that you don't want Windows Media Player may automatically add these. If you wish to add individual files to the library you can simply locate it from a window with it open and drag it into the library and it will appear with the correct ID3 Tag.

You can now enjoy these files by double clicking on them or pressing the enter key. You will find performance of Windows Media slightly slow whilst it locates more files to add to the library, once it has done this it will play music more smoothly without any interruptions

Hope this helps, if not, please let us know exactly what the issue is, and we will try to help..

creeper

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:04:36 pm »
Janz thanks for your helpful incite. I have windows media player 11. I have un-installed  it and want to reinstall it. If you could run me through it that would be much appreciated

creeper

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:38:10 pm »
Janz thanks what you said worked.......Thanks again

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:47:20 pm »
Excellent news Creeper, well done Janz  8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  winmx is not sending files to windows media player

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx