gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 05:11:37 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Tech support calls can be costly
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tech support calls can be costly  (Read 653 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Tech support calls can be costly
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:12 am »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7923636.stm

Although this is a UK based article the topic applies worldwide

A survey from Which? Computing has found that most internet service providers are using premium rate numbers for their technical support. The consumer group compared the technical support costs of 45 firms. While a handful used a freephone number, firms including Tesco broadband, Supanet and Roxio use premium rate 090 numbers. Tesco has said that it is planning to change to a cheaper tariff "as soon as possible". "The cost of calls to Tesco broadband technical support is something we've been looking at and listening to customer feedback on," said a spokeswoman for the retail giant. "As a result we'll continue to provide a very high quality of technical expertise to all our broadband customers but calls will now be charged at a local rate. "We'll be contacting all our customers as soon as possible to let them know about the change in price," she said.

Covering costs

Six firms including BT, O2 and UK Online, offer a freephone 0800 number. But 32 of those surveyed used higher-cost numbers for their helplines. "Some companies are using higher-cost numbers at their customers' expense," said Sarah Kidner, editor of Which? Computing. " If other companies can offer a freephone number, why can't they all?," she said. Those using premium rate numbers told Which that they did not profit from the calls, but used the revenue to "cover the costs of a technical support service". The survey also found that nearly a third of broadband users were frustrated by customer support. Time spent waiting to be connected does seem to have improved. Only 12% were dissatisfied and the survey found that the average waiting time was just 1 minute 33 seconds. Plusnet customers have the longest average wait - at nearly eight minutes.

It's not just the cost of tech support that annoys most people...........those Indians !!!!!

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: Tech support calls can be costly
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:28:55 pm »
It's probably hazzard pay because this is what tech support often has to deal with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLTsSnGWMI
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline RReactor

• Forum Member
Re: Tech support calls can be costly
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:20:54 am »
where is all the online supports at now in india you cant even understand the person on the other end and to think they are on premium toll numbers  make me think of one word when i have a stumping problem and that is  GOOGLE
RReactor

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Tech support calls can be costly

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx