gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:34:32 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UK Government Wants to Kill Net Neutrality in EU
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UK Government Wants to Kill Net Neutrality in EU  (Read 732 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
UK Government Wants to Kill Net Neutrality in EU
« on: March 11, 2009, 04:01:08 pm »
http://www.iptegrity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=272&Itemid=9

UK filters in the Wikpedia amendments

The UK government wants to cut out users rights to access Internet content, applications and services. Some of the information used to justify the change has been cut and pasted from the Wikipedia. Amendments to the Telecoms Package circulated in Brussels by the UK government, seek to cross out users' rights to access and distribute Internet content and services. And they want to  replace it with a ‘principle'  that users can be told not only the conditions for access, but also the conditions for the  use  of applications  and services. The UK government texts have been heavily criticised by  the French campaigning group La Quadrature du Net . It is believed  that they could have been  drawn up by the UK regulator, Ofcom. The amendments have also appeared in a set of compromise proposals put forward by the Czech Presidency for the Universal Services Directive (Harbour report). 

The proposed amendments  cut out completely any users' rights to do with content - whether accessing or distributing -  which would appear to be in  breach of the European Charter of  Fundamental rights, Article 10. The Charter  states that everyone has the right "to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers." In the digital age, the Internet, and the associated applications and services provided by the World Wide Web, is the means by which people exercise that right.

(The original article (link above) is very long and extends to many pages. I have edited it.)

If this is true, let's hope wiser heads prevail as this would be the death knell of p2p.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: UK Government Wants to Kill Net Neutrality in EU
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:27:03 pm »
death knell of p2p in the EU (or just the uk since the uk isnt -really- completely part of the EU).. it'll go on elsewhere....

whats with the UK government? why is it there has to be 'that one government' on this planet that has to be an ass? the US shot itself in the economic, civil liberties, and foreign policy foot for 8 years and is trying to recover.... and now the UK turns "bush" on the world...

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:02 pm »
The difference is that some people agreed with Bush for a while! :lol:

DVD's are already often edited from their previous conception on film before being sold in the UK because of the government. I just take this as just another step in that direction.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 01:06:57 am »
DVD's are already often edited from their previous conception on film before being sold in the UK because of the government. I just take this as just another step in that direction.

you're kidding........ right?

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 07:38:25 am »
No, I'm not. There are certain things that you will usually not find in an Region 2 (which covers the UK as well as other areas) release of a movie that were found in the original.

The one scene that comes to mind right off are head butts.

Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UK Government Wants to Kill Net Neutrality in EU

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx