gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:18:54 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Paying cinema customer wrongly accused of camming and practically assulted
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Paying cinema customer wrongly accused of camming and practically assulted  (Read 973 times)

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
A woman who went to the cinema to watch a movie says she was “treated like a criminal.” First of all cinema staff searched her looking for camming equipment, but found candy instead which they demanded she turn over. She refused and wouldn’t leave the building when told to either, despite the security guards.

http://torrentfreak.com/movie-goer-searched-for-camming-kit-threatened-over-candy-090317/

Wtf is going on, cinema staf now have legal powers to search customers? Thats totally insane, not content with accusing all sorts of people of piracy they are now stooping to what could be described as assult.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
The law is clear in this case on many counts, firstly this lady did not have to allow any search of her belonging, this is a job the police only are allowed to carry out, secondly the cinema has no right under law to seize or demand this ladies private property and thus deprive the owner of their goods, this falls fouls of one of the clearly worded aspects of the theft act 1968, (paraphrasing here) anyone who deprives someone of their property and treats it as their own is guilty of the act of theft.

As to ordering the lady out of the cinema if the cinema has not given this lady a full refund they are in breach of common law as whilst they can ask her to leave the premises quite legally (as long as they didnt commit assault by laying hands on her person) once they entered into a contract with her (when she paid for the ticket) they have sold her a service, and depriving her of this service and holding onto her money is a breach of contract and actionable by both the customer herself in the small claims court and by the trading standards service who can impose fines for such shoddy/fraudulent treatment of consumers. 

I think we can see why cinemas are now a dying experience if customers are treated like common criminals for possessing a packet of candy.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Well thanks for confirming my thoughts, i hope she takes them to court, its a disgrace.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
I think we can see why cinemas are now a dying experience if customers are treated like common criminals for possessing a packet of candy.

i hated going to the theatre before i read this (wall-e was the last thing i went to go see... and that was cos the ticket was paid for by someone else) cos;

1) for the price of the tickets needed to get a family of 4 in to see one movie you can buy the DVD when its released.... twice...

2) candy/popcorn/fizzydrinks wtf is with -those- prices? was the ticket not enough....

3)that stupid f--- that sits behind you and helps narrate the movie... or that overly tall person that always sits infront of you...

4)sticky floors (bet noone would go to the movies if they actually turned the lights on in there and let ppl see what they are walking through and the seats they are about to/were sitting in)

5)now this? .... thats it.... the end... not watching in a theatre ever again....

and the movie/music industries wonder why ppl "pirate" their goods....

for that matter... the airports are wondering why their stock is falling when you have to nearly get a cavity search just to get on a plane.....

Offline Daniel

• Forum Member
  • chiot mignon
2) candy/popcorn/fizzydrinks wtf is with -those- prices? was the ticket not enough...
Although concessions account for only about 20 percent of gross revenues, they represent some 40 percent of theaters' profits. That's because while ticket revenues must be shared with movie distributors, 100 percent of concessions go straight into an exhibitor’s coffers.

1) for the price of the tickets needed to get a family of 4 in to see one movie you can buy the DVD when its released.... twice...
That's even more MPAA price gouging for you. :/

3)that stupid f--- that sits behind you and helps narrate the movie... or that overly tall person that always sits in front of you...
I rarely see movies in the movie theater but when I do, this is why I always pick the best seat. :)
- Have a nice explosive day.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Paying cinema customer wrongly accused of camming and practically assulted

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx