gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 12:32:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  -c: doesn't work for fake files...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: -c: doesn't work for fake files...  (Read 2578 times)

impmon

-c: doesn't work for fake files...
« on: July 22, 2005, 07:07:35 pm »
I was recently browsing for a few movies and some mp3's and noticed the -c: doesn't seems to filter out the obvious fakes anymore.  Using the show full path, a lot of the files don't use drive letters at all!  No drive letter in full path name = blatant fakes.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wilykat/fakes.jpg shows the screenshot of one sample search of Star Wars 3 movie.  Notice something in common?

adding -user in search box helped kill the current crop of fakes and should be fine until RIAA and MPAA wises up and change those.  adding -files might also work but some MX users uses the word "files" in their directory while "user" is not usually used in legimate file path.

PS FWIW I paid well over $50 to watch the new movie 6 times and I will buy the video when it comes out.  if MPAA thinks I shouldn't download the free copy, they can either tell me of a local movie theater that is open at 3am EST regularly (due to my odd job schedule) or they can shove the C&D letter where the sun doesn't shine.

KM

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 11:21:48 pm »
they are trying to make the paths look more like winmx 3.54 (which uses a relative path rather an absolute path) probably because they knew people were filtering with -c: and wanted to get past that filter without being obvious that they watch the various winmx forums etc

however you are correct in the -user filtering them, i thought that was mentioned but i guess not, i'll tell a few people to edit their posts on a few forums to include it :-)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 12:50:25 am »
Hi Impmon,

Your right with your advice and great observations..

The -c: trick does work on most files.. mostly mp3.

The deal is that unfortunately there is more then one company doing the dirty work for the RIAA/MPAA.  This particular one does not list a drive like KM said, its meant to mimic the beta version of WinMX.

So for movies and a few mp3 type files using -user or -files should work and -c: for MP3s...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  -c: doesn't work for fake files...

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx