gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 04:15:58 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  McCartney, Ulrich, say No! to copyrights
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: McCartney, Ulrich, say No! to copyrights  (Read 668 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
McCartney, Ulrich, say No! to copyrights
« on: March 27, 2009, 05:39:10 pm »
A coalition of high-profile rock stars say they’re turning their works loose online so people everywhere can enjoy their music without fear.

The group, called Rockstars ‘R US, includes Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Yoko Ono, Barry Gibb, Petula Clark, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich, and singing US senator Orrin ‘Terminator’ Hatch (far right).

“I already have so much money I’ll never be able to spend it in a million years,” says Gibb.

“Why would I want more?”

Music lovers around the world, “will now be able to share out music with each other without worrying they’ll be sued,” says Clark.

They’re among 4,500 artists who recently celebrated a “major victory” when a European Parliament committee sanctioned plans to boost copyrights to 95 years.

“I’m absolutely fed up with singing Living Doll but I have sung it constantly since 1959 because every time I sing it live it generates sales of the original record and royalties to me,” said Richard.

“But it’s about to fall into the public domain anyway, and I made enough money out of it to buy three Rolls-Royces and a chateau in France,” he said of his change of heart.  “So why worry?”  -

Declared Yoko Ono, “We’re hoping this will encourage other super stars who’ve become multi-millionaires from copyright royalties to follow our example.”

“Enough is enough,” says Ulrich. “I have a lot to answer for and this may help. It’s time to thank all those fans who made us rich.”

Won’t legacy copyright holders Vivendi Universal (France), Sony (Japan), EMI (Britain), and Warner Music (US) object? - Rockstars ‘R US spokesman Hatch was asked.

“It’s time to terminate them,” he joked.

“They can sue us if they don’t like it.

“Let’s see how they cope with people who can afford a proper legal defence instead of helpless grandmothers and 12-year-old children.”
p2pnet

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: McCartney, Ulrich, say No! to copyrights
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 07:37:11 pm »
This story is a fake , the folks listed are the most greedy retched money grabbers of all time, Dont believe the tripe ..

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 07:50:02 pm »
Oops my bad, Jon must've been pulling an early April fool's joke with this parody  story. :canadian:

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:51:25 pm »
o.0?
Yoko Ono being mentioned sort of gives that away.... shes pretty much a hermit inside her new york apartment
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline RReactor

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:56:04 am »
lmao yoko ono what is she to the music world anyways but someone that latched on to a john lennon and most likely was one of the factors of the Beatles ending not to mention that led zeppelin was emerging as the new powerhouse band outselling Beatles in record sales
RReactor

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  McCartney, Ulrich, say No! to copyrights

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx