gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 06:27:04 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Jamming up Que lines
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jamming up Que lines  (Read 4452 times)

Afterlife

Jamming up Que lines
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:39:19 am »
Hello.

Second time in here tonight, :)  Well i discovered that you are able to change the color of winmx,so i played oround with that and ended up with blurred vision :roll: So i had a rest.So i am back at winmx and i check my transfers,and my upload was loaded,25 in q-same person -so i browse their files and has 5 files 3 imcomp, This type of thing is happening to my a lot.I have my shared folder and it is to share with other people.I will and do share my folder with people who have a very small folder.
I do not want to call all people leecher's as some are very nice people ,but there are some out there that just want to take too much at the one time and fill up q line.I have worked out how to adjust all of that .
To all those who do this kind of thing ,most would not ever come into,winmx world 8) so has this all been a waste of time for me writing this  :? Anyway,i have learnt a couple of things from this site allready in a short time and its fun 8)
So if anybody else has encountered this qing thing ,maybe you might like to have a say as well that way i will know if it just  not me  @@@ .I am not mad. :wink:

KM

Jamming up Que lines
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 11:45:06 am »
you could try mxmonitor, it has the ability to clear and ignore for too many files queued

Afterlife

Jamming up Que lines
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 12:34:49 pm »
Thankyou -Kingmarco-,but still if people want too comment it ,please do.

I just want to say quickly(as i am just about to go to bed)winmx color scheme has some strange things so beware .One turned off win alltogether.
Will get back to that
Tired>>>>>>>>>>>.

:)

Snowy

hogging the queue
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 06:49:12 pm »
What I can't figure out how to do is keep MYSELF from hogging someone's queue.  

There's been a few times when I want files that the same person has a whole bunch of them, and I end up taking up way too many spots in their queue.

They've been nice and haven't complained, but I still feel bad.

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
Jamming up Que lines
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 09:13:53 pm »
I don't have a problem with someone queuing up for a lot of my files at the same time, as long as they have an association with each other.
I use to have 3 open upload slots, and 1 per user. that means they won't stuck up the queue for others who try to download from me.
But if they queue up for all my files, and the files have no association with each other, and I see that the user browsed me and grabbed all my files, then I use to clear them.

KM

Re: hogging the queue
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 12:05:02 am »
Quote from: Snowy
What I can't figure out how to do is keep MYSELF from hogging someone's queue.

in settings in the queue settings you can set maximum downloads, and maximum downloads per user - so it'll only try to download a certain number of times from that user, any more than that and it will queue locally until its got one from them then it'll start another one in their queue

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Jamming up Que lines

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx