gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 01:03:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Microsoft Windows 1.0
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Microsoft Windows 1.0  (Read 7116 times)

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
  • I am coming for you, it is only a matter of time!
    • Quakehell
Microsoft Windows 1.0
« on: December 22, 2009, 09:00:20 am »
Who wants Microsoft Windows 1.0 IMA File? It's fun seeing what's changed!

Download Link: http : // vetusware.com/download/Windows%201.0%20floppy%20img%201.0/?id=4495

Note: It's not Warez, it's Abandon Ware, so it's 100% Legal (otherwise why would they have Microsoft Virtual PC)
Note 2: You may need to sign up on this Site (it's free) to download it
Note 3: I know this maybe the wrong Forum, if it is please move it to the appropriate Forum & notify me to the direct link

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Microsoft Windows 1.0
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 10:26:40 am »
There is no such thing as "abandon ware" Doomer if a company made it its copyrighted and this we dont wish to be linking to such items, please remeber this is a winmx forum thats family friendly and keep posts clean cut and sensible, btw merry xmas  ;)

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
    • Quakehell
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:50:24 am »
There is no such thing as "abandon ware" Doomer if a company made it its copyrighted and this we dont wish to be linking to such items, please remeber this is a winmx forum thats family friendly and keep posts clean cut and sensible, btw merry xmas  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

There is such thing as Abandonware. Windows 1.0 is legal now since it has been abandoned for quite some time. If Windows 1.0 up to Windows 95 is illegal, then why is there a Microsoft Virtual PC? Which is meant for running other Windows' versions while running your own. It's pretty much legal. When something becomes Abandonware it's no longer copyright protected.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 01:13:49 pm »
if you would remove the "Windows1.0Floppy.zip" part of the url it would save people from downloading a broken zip  :P

Edit: modified a typo... again ... aaaargh
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
    • Quakehell
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 06:07:33 am »
if you would remove the "Windows1.0Floppy.zip" part of the url it would save people from downloading a broken zip  :P

Edit: modified a typo... again ... aaaargh

Ahh, the Link's broken.

New Link: http : // vetusware.com/download/Windows%201.0%20floppy%20img%201.0/?id=4495

You will need to register to the Site to get it (you don't have to pay).

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
    • Quakehell
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:12:12 pm »
Argh, a lot of views; sadly no more posts.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 01:24:13 am »
I see you are making several posts unrelated to winmx Doomer so can we please keep things on a winmx related direction rather than a load of pointless random posts and links such as has happened in the past all over the forum & keep such posts in the relevent sections, example the post above  has nothing to do with winmx lyte and is more related to the Information Exchange  section in a very distant way i guess lol.
Whilst your input on this forum is more than welcome lets not take a step back to the days where you were given constant warnings for spamming all sections.
Just a heads up Doomer ....... merry xmas  :D

Offline ÐØØMÊ®

• Forum Member
    • Quakehell
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 01:25:08 pm »
I see you are making several posts unrelated to winmx Doomer so can we please keep things on a winmx related direction rather than a load of pointless random posts and links such as has happened in the past all over the forum & keep such posts in the relevent sections, example the post above  has nothing to do with winmx lyte and is more related to the Information Exchange  section in a very distant way i guess lol.
Whilst your input on this forum is more than welcome lets not take a step back to the days where you were given constant warnings for spamming all sections.
Just a heads up Doomer ....... merry xmas  :D

Only posted 2 Topics, haven't been on here for a long time. And I'm desperate for this OS.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 09:56:33 am »
This will be your last warning from me Doomer, I have told you once not to post links to copyright material on this site and you have ignored what I said, the wiki link you posted also makes clear that what I said to you is correct, this is not a warez site.

In most cases, software classed as abandonware is not in the public domain, as it has never had its original copyright revoked.

If your too lazy to read the information at any specific location then dont bother posting a link to it.

Most folks who come here know that to have such links on this site threatens the site and those operating it, we are happy to support winmx and is users and intend to do so for many long years but with ill though out postings such as your making we could be shut down by our enemies on some false pretext, thus I will not be warning you again if you post a link to clearly copyrighted material. 

Offline bu44er

• Forum Member
  • Hack The Planet
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 06:46:07 pm »
ÐØØMÊ®, I think I understand how this post started. However Ghostship has asked you more than nicely to stop, I suggest you leave it at that. There is no point in arguing as your not going to win my friend.
System(s) Configuration
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo T4500 CPU @ 2.3Ghz, 2048MB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Information Exchange  |  Microsoft Windows 1.0

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx