gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 06:44:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  dreaded flashing yellow light
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dreaded flashing yellow light  (Read 6209 times)

Offline Robb1939

• Forum Member
dreaded flashing yellow light
« on: October 05, 2008, 06:26:01 pm »
Hi, tried to connect for my daily fix and yellow light for 45 min's.  I've uninstalled & reinstalled no change!!

I'am running XP3  armor fire wall ( Wmx set allowed0; Vipre anti virus; and uniblueapplications,  Firefox.

Uninstalled  Microsoft defender recently.

Any help gratefully accepted, ploease bear in mind I'am 70 yr novice please keep it simple

lol

Stig

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: dreaded flashing yellow light
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:05:15 pm »
Hi Robb, I have some bad news.

Unfortunately I can tell you right now that tomorrow at a earlier time then you tried today it will connect fine.  Tiscali which goes by many different names atm like Dynamic DSL, Pipex, Tiscali, and there are a few others, this company is known for blocking WinMX during what they consider Peak hours of use, in the name of saving themselves giving you the bandwidth you pay for.

The real problem with this is that its totally illegal to block your access to certain programs or sites, and they are breaking their own FUP by doing so, so I suppose the bit of silver lining is that you can easily move to a new ISP (internet service provider) if you so choose.

What i'd like for you to do is to confirm this for us, try during different hours to make a connection (without changing anything else) and see if the connection works.  The last we heard they were only doing this during certain hours (evening times UK 6pm -11.59pm), obviously if this works then we can rule out any changes you've made and we know its the ISP causing your woes.  :(

Post back and let us know.

Offline Robb1939

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »
 Hi MeHere, thanks for your reply, I suspected that is what was happening and the time window fits in with my problems, it's now 14.40 U.K. and I'am up and running again, I monitore and let you know of any future occurences. Are there any ISP you'd recommend
 lol
 stig

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:03:23 pm »
yes Robb1939,

Actually any ISP that is not affiliated with Tiscali aka Dynamic DSL, aka Pipex will at least not block your connection to WinMX, however, most of UK ISPs do throttle in some way or another, so much like at election time its the lesser of two evils we seek.

The best ISP I'm aware of right now in the UK is called BeThere.  This is only available in some areas tho so visit the site to check on your area. As of this time no reports of throttling in any way shape or form.

After that Id have to say either Virgin or BT are the next best, with semi sensible throttling of speeds during peak times for heavy users (based on usage per month).

Carphone Whare house is worth a mention here as the second worse in UK history, since they purchased AOL they have recently taken up AOL's former throttling ways leaving peoples WinMX connections nearly crippled far worse then Dial Up speeds.

Aside from whats mentioned above I cant comment on so much, SKy have some issues, Talk Talk also have some issues throttling, but all of these are better then Tiscali if your a WinMX User.

Hope these help ya and do let us know.

Offline Robb1939

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 12:23:25 pm »
  Hi Me,, thanks again for info, I 'am deffinately being disconnected any time arfter 18.30. will gather more evidence and then phone tiscali and raise hell
Regards
 Robb

Offline LiamPiam517

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 02:08:17 pm »
My XP computer bit the dust, so now I'm attempting to get winmx on
this machine...and I am receiving the dreaded flashing yellow light as well.

I also tried downloading the patch.

I'm not in the UK, but I didn't feel like making
a different thread, when both of us are seeing the dreaded
flashing yellow light.

Any remedies? Thanks.

Offline LiamPiam517

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 02:10:01 pm »
^ Should've specified I'm on a Windows 98
machine. :(

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 02:17:46 pm »
Hi LiamPiam517

Try this for me:

1. delete file again.

2. download this as it is 3.54 beta 4:
httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/WinMX/Beta/3.54%20betas/

3. go to  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

4 download oledlg.dll

5. open the file folder which winmx is in

6. copy oledlg.dll into that folder

7. open winmx and it should be connected

Please post back and let me know what happens with doing it this way.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

smeagol

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 03:09:52 pm »
I just recently purchased a Dell computer with Windows Vista with Norton Internet protection. I downloaded the latest Winmx 3.5.4 and added the updated oledlg.dll . I opened a port and verified that it is open through Norton. I have a Motorola modem/router SBG900 and Wow Internet & Cable. I have not used Winmx for several years and now that I try to access it on my new computer all I get is a flashing yellow light. Please help.  

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 03:13:14 pm »
Hi Smeagol

Can you please tell me what version of nortons are you using?

Also can you tell me if you have forwarded winmx through your router and firewall and these match with winmx?
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

smeagol

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 03:18:43 pm »
Norton 16.5.0.135. I added the ports in Windows and they show up in Norton as well. Not sure how you do it through the router.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 03:22:29 pm »
hi Again Smeagol

Okies have a read of this tutorial on port forwarding. Please post back with any questions or you need any help

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Motorola/SBG900/WinMX.htm

Vman0459

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 01:57:44 am »
 I recently downloaded Winmx and patch but I cannot connect. Tried downloading beta and oledlg file but no luck. any suggestions?

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 02:07:55 am »
If your on vista, save the installer somewhere and click run as administrater.
The oledlg file also depends on an oledlg.ini you need to make sure you have that as well.

If neither of those work then we need to know your OS (arch) and ISP.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 09:23:34 pm »
smeagol and Vman if you could, can you tell me if you got the patch from www.winmxconex.com where you can get the installer that installs the patch and winmx at the same time for you? If so then you may wish to open windows firewall with minmx not running and delte it then restart winmx and reallow it through windows firewall. Also smeagol, you may try disabling nortons just long enough to see if winmx can connect. If it does then it simply means you need to allow winmx through norton again. Vman if you have a router you may need to foward ports for winmx in your router. Next time you post if you will please give that information, router make n model, so someone can point you to the right page with the fowarding info for your specific router, and your firewall version and brand. Also you'll probably need to do as Forested suggested with the installer itself.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  dreaded flashing yellow light

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx