gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 09:24:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Hotlist
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hotlist  (Read 2145 times)

Offline barbarossa

• Forum Member
Hotlist
« on: March 31, 2008, 12:00:20 pm »
My hotlist only lists some of the users who are on line. There are users who are downloading from my library yet the hot list does not list them as being on line. This can be annoying as I sometimes want to communicate with users who are on line but are listed as being offline. How does this happen?

Regards Redbaron

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Hotlist
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »
Basically the hotlist isnt perminant for WinMX Peer Network users, it is however for Opennap which is another ball of wax, when a user is on secondary connection it is not uncommon for them to get a new connection (primary user) and you'll notice when they do the last five digits of the WinMX ID change.  Once this happens your hostlist usually contains the old WinMX ID and there for shows them as offline or switched hosts (primary).  Best fix right click users in hostlist, choose remove from list, verify with Yes.  Then go to transfers screen, right click user name do a whois, once this comes up with the blue question mark and the information comes up on them click Add to Hotlist or you can simply message them from this Whois box.

Hope this helps a bit  :wink:

Offline kimber52

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 12:18:27 pm »
my hotlist does not work people send me messages but I cannot open the hotlist what can I do

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 05:10:27 pm »
how do you mean you cant open your hotlist ?
If its a case of getting it to show just click on the tab at the top of your winmx called... Hotlist.. next to the transfer tab.

Offline kimber52

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:04:45 pm »
no what I mean is if someone messages me the little envelope shows up and flashes but I cannot open it I click on it and it does not do anything

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 08:33:25 pm »
double click on it or right click and select read message

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 11:49:24 pm »
Usually Kimber this is because for what ever reason winmx is opening it but its off the screen out of your view, you can be sure of this because it will show that persons name and a box along the top of WinMX looks like the message is open but you cant actually view it.

If thats the case try this also.

Right click the winmx icon near the clock in the task bar.  Choose Reset all Windows.

Then try again to open messages, normally when you reset WinMX will jump and become small window itself and you can size it how you normally use it then.

Let us know

Offline bluepup

• Forum Member
  • bluepup
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 04:47:54 pm »
Until recently, it's been a while since I resumed using WinMx.  As for the Hotlist (i.e., my Hotlist) I'm showing as an offline user.  My name stacks up repeatedly.  I've delete each event, but that doesn't seem to keep the Hotlist from relisting me as an offline user over and again.  Uploads & downloads appear to be unaffected.  How do I remedy? 

Bluepup

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 06:39:20 pm »
Offline/Online users are only for Opennap
Winmx users show up in the Temporary section.
As for your downloads the hotlist and transfers really arent affected by each other unless your using mxmoni...
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Hotlist

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx