gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:31:11 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I now have Hughes Net
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I now have Hughes Net  (Read 3252 times)

Offline ledopmi

• Forum Member
I now have Hughes Net
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:33:16 am »
I used to have dial up and now I have satellite from Hughes Net.  WinMX connects with no problem but it will not find anything when I search.  Is there a setting I need to change or could my ISP be blocking it somehow?

Offline ledopmi

• Forum Member
Re: I now have Hughes Net
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:46:03 am »
Well, it disconnected so I closed the program and restarted and now it works. 

Offline Daniel

• Forum Member
  • chiot mignon
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:21:49 am »
Hey, don't download too many things. Hughes Net has a very strict fair-use policy, but I think it's great they inform their customers before purchase.

:yes:
- Have a nice explosive day.

Offline ledopmi

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 07:16:38 pm »
Yes, their FAP is crap.  I had them when they were Direcway. 
I still can't get this to work.  If I make a secondary connection it will search and find results but will not download anything.  If I make a primary connection it will not find anything when I search.

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:53:12 pm »
What have you tried so far to try and get it to work?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:55:39 am »
you arent going to get it to work as primary... (too much lag) so give up on that one...

try using high numbered ports... or ports normally used for other programs such as windows media player or skype.... 7000-7009 for windows media 53078 for skype use that one for udp then 53079 for tcp... make sure the router is forwarded correctly and no two apps are trying to use the same port... and use an outside port checker to check if they are open....

example: http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=(put the port number you want to test here)

(url may not work... my connection is bogged down and the page doesnt seem to want to load)

and when your contract with hughes is up get DSL.... (if highspeed isnt available get dialup... it'll be slower but it'll actually work... the lag caused by using satellite internet offsets any speed gains when doing basically anything but surfing the web...)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 12:37:57 pm »
hmm... the edit button seems to be hiding but heres something else that might prove handy...

http://www.wugnet.com/myspeed/speedtest.asp

you'll need java installed... the number you want to really look at in this thing is 'round trip' ... if its more than ~300 your connect will be useless for online gaming.... more than 500ms and p2p apps start to get flaky... more than 600ms IRC and other chat mediums get tedious to use...  900ms (the average for hughesnet) or more and things really start to break....

make sure no other apps are uploading or downloading when running this test or the results wont be right....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  I now have Hughes Net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx