gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 03:59:31 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Victory for EU Citizens! Amendment 138 was voted again.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Victory for EU Citizens! Amendment 138 was voted again.  (Read 1153 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Victory for EU Citizens! Amendment 138 was voted again.
« on: April 22, 2009, 05:24:51 pm »
Strasbourg, April 21 2009 - Once again, the European Parliament has demonstrated it can resist pressure and stand for the rights and freedoms of citizens. Amendment 138 (now renumbered amendment 46) was adopted today in ITRE committe, in Strasbourg.

Amendement 138/46-135 states that restrictions to the fundamental rights and freedoms of Internet users can only be put in place after a decision by judicial authorities (save when public security is threatened in which case the ruling may be subsequent). It was adopted last September by an overwhelming majority of the European Parliament, and approved by the European Commission despite explicit requests from the French Presidency to reject it. The European Council has rejected it further to pressure of the French government and some disinformation by in-house Council lawyers on its claimed contradiction with existing National law.

Despite strong pressure to reach a compromise on the framework directive of the Telecoms Package, the ITRE committee of the European Parliament has today adopted again amendment 138/46, by a strong majority of 40 against 4. One will have to monitor closely further proceedings to be sure that this vote is confirmed in plenary, but it is a strong and clear signal.

According to Jérémie Zimmermann, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net: "The European citizens will remember this courageous stand. Members of the European parliament honoured their mandates by standing courageously for citizens' rights and freedoms. This is one more blow to Nicolas Sarkozy's 'three strikes' or 'HADOPI' law in France, and a strong sign that nobody in Europe will want to pass such a stupid legislation going against progress, citizens' rights and common sense.".

Philippe Aigrain, also co-founder of La Quadrature du Net concludes: "We will also follow with great attention the negociations in a future conciliation committee to make impossible for the Council to endanger other aspects of the telecom packet such as equitable networking. It is time for Member States to realize that the economy and society can benefit together from an open infrastructure and a strong affirmation of rights.".
source: laquadrature.net

Online White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Victory for EU Citizens! Amendment 138 was voted again.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:46 am »
is bush president of france now?

Offline Mata Hari

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 01:07:11 pm »
join thre French resistance with New Zealand and stop internet censorship

BLACKOUT

http://www.laquadrature.net/en/french-net-blackout-against-graduated-response

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:25:13 pm »
I must ask why Mata Hari, If your going to publically encourage people to do such a thing , why you havent done it yourself?
They even provide you with SWF/GIF images.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Mata Hari

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 12:24:56 am »
i accidently found that site just before putting it up.  have since sent is round to all my contacts in my country as we are going though internet filtering/censorship at this time.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 12:38:52 am »
Again im going to ask why your not doing it yourself if you are posting and emailing it to other people in a way that suggests that people do such a thing.

Offline Mata Hari

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:43:57 am »
i don't have a web site or facebook etc.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 01:43:08 am »
You are posting here and you are able to add an avatar.
select profile, then in the box to the left it says profile information.
The first box is avatar settings.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 02:29:22 am »
Bacon I,m only ever going to tell you this once so please take notice, I am of the opinion your cajoling and pressing Mata into taking an action she has not yet decided on herself, in short your actions are bordering on being a bully.

I understand this may not be intentional so to be on the safe side please dont ever repeat the actions I,m seeing in this thread, your co-operation is I hope something I can take for granted.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Victory for EU Citizens! Amendment 138 was voted again.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx