gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 03:24:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Dramatic Drop In Upload Speed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dramatic Drop In Upload Speed  (Read 10280 times)

Rob

Re: Dramatic Drop In Upload Speed
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 08:05:52 pm »
Hi, 0.30 mbps that is , not 30 mbps

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 08:23:10 pm »
thats a 300kb line. those are usually ADSL
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 07:35:51 pm »
Just when i was having doubts to start trusting UPC/chello, great timing (for me anyways because i have not made the switch yet)

it s also really a mistory to me why people think they need such speeds at those prices but hey that s just my opinion

Rob if they do not deliver give them a written complaint with a time limit for them to correct the low performance and start delivering what they promise, if they don t ... move away (i think that would be your right)

greetings from a fellow dutchman and goodluck solving this  :thumbs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 07:56:28 pm »
reading back and thinking alittle longer about this:

at some point you stated that the router was the issue

now i am not sure if this helps but what makes my router more at ease (no attacks and floods in the error log, no router "puking") is that i have added the IP's from the blocklist to my router firewall

however the speed was not influenced by that traffic it just caused some other trouble in my case but it might be worth a shot ;-)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Rob

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 10:32:13 pm »
Hi Joshua,

You lost me on this one, what blocklist you mean and how excactly to proceed, I don't know what "puking" is either..

Maybe you can give the answer in English and Dutch, in this way evereone in the world can benefit from it and I understand better caus my English ain't all that good.

Greetings

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:57 pm »
puke means to vomit.
The blocklist is the one used by the patch automatically found here: https://www.winmxworld.com/files/block_list.txt
not all routers support this feature though.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 08:12:06 am »
thnx forested

what i mean with "puking" (cause i don t think this is a technical term) is ... too much traffic in and router starts rejecting and disconnecting stuff

BTW i ld be happy to do this in dutch but i think it would be better if you post in the dutch section a little further down on the forumboard(WinMX World Nederlandse Hulp)

but i really think forested said it all except that the blocklist is the anti flood list winmx uses to protect itself and the network

Rob

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:41 pm »
 :lol:

Guess what, I''ve been trying all sorts of P2P applications, and there is one that works great, it's called SoulSeek, I don't know what this programm does to avoids traffic shaping ( AKA bandwith squeezing) , but it works great!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 09:46:00 pm »
ares galaxy is another good one (make sure to get the one from sourceforge) once you get used to its sometimes really odd quirks...

make sure you have pg2 installed (and updated) as well when using ares... or any p2p for that matter... the blocklist for MX blocks for MX but not the rest of the p2p apps users may be running....

and of course theres the good ol standby of bittorrent....

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 04:27:43 am »
If you use soulseek, be certain you have the very best antivirus software you can find or you wil be loosing loads of time to recover and clean infections if not loosing loads of files :(

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 08:37:08 am »
www.avast.com (if you already dont have an up to date resident virus scanner)

they have a free version linked right on the front page and it even has a resident p2p scanning system along with the usual resident scanner....

truth be told a resident virus scanner should be standard fare on a windows machine regardless if you are downloading from p2p (winmx included) or just surfing the web...

Rob

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 07:02:28 pm »
Hi,

I don't quite understand what your message about Avast Anti Virus has to do with this whole issue????????

:/

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 10:04:19 pm »
As Silver tries to tell, A resident, which means a running antivirus program, should be at least one of the applications your windows machine is running. No matter if you just explore the web or use any P2P program.

The matter on anti virus was brought up by me, warning you about the use of soulseek which is one of the best known virus infectors. So, use it with great care expecting every file you download to be infected.

Rob

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 11:15:25 am »
Been trying UTorrent.

Up and download speeds around 470 kB/s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

WinMx still almost no speeds. :sleepy:

Anyone got an explenation for this, I am totally confused :x

Best regards

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 11:05:10 am »
well provided that you are a long time user and asuming for that reason that your winmx settings are not limiting speed, ports are open, ip is static, and no protection program is interfering....

there s just about one answer to this i think... you gave it yourself allready and your provider has admitted it

if all the above is correct there is nothing to be confused about anymore and the choice is simple ... do you let your isp get away with not giving what you payed for or not?

you could still try a few port changes but i doubt if that will do anything (and while you are at it.. check if the up/down limits are off ..just to be sure)

usually when an isp throttles you it will be done at busy hours and not all 24 hours, maybe worth checking at other  hours?

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 11:19:04 am »
On the other hand: when i see you write this:

I have connected directly to my Modem, without using my Netgear Router.
The speed went up again, as usual.

it would point at the router not correctly set up

Rob

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 01:03:20 pm »
Hi Joshua,

All setting are ok, but how do you explane UTorrent speeds like hell and Winmx just won't go?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 01:30:34 pm »
One Word:

Patch

Which one are you using?

the Community Patch resolves a number of issues...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 02:00:44 pm »
actually, interesting that you only nominate uploads as slowed...

for all or just some, and only recently?

theres lots of factors at play here, but it could be something as boring as your source being slow too

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2009, 02:02:53 pm »
ohh, duhh, i mean the ppl downloading from you bein slow

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Dramatic Drop In Upload Speed

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx