gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 10:06:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  Favorite Tools And Toys Fixed
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Favorite Tools And Toys Fixed  (Read 39876 times)

AMOK Chaos

Favorite Tools And Toys Fixed
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 12:02:26 am »
i have a nushi bot too that i cant get into my room...WinMx3.31 WPN Nushi Client... i tried the patch and it worked as far as connecting to WPN and the list comes up... but as soon as i put it in the room... it exits...

i tried dl'in the 'original' from there too... but its 'oriental'... lol

found my old one and replaced it... but i still cant get it to stay in the room

oh... im hostin with wcs...

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 12:15:47 am »
There are two Nushi Chat Clients patched James.. listed here

https://www.winmxworld.com/goodies/fixed_goodies.html

Chaos, I am not sure what would cause that exactly but many bots dont like the standard ports of WCS which is port 3.

Try changing that to a more normal number and enter let me know if this helps you out..Something above 1024 should work ok.

Hatchetman

ShareGuard
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 04:37:11 am »
Ive Had Lots of requests for a shareguard update, and as of yet ive found none, any help?
thanx guys you been so great till now, you know where im at anything i can do lemme know
Hatch

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2005, 05:35:49 am »
I,m on the case with a Shareguard release, there is in fact one already done by Gabriel Destriur on the MxControl site, thats why I have not prioritised it highly although some folks are claiming problems with it  :?

http://www.mxcontrol.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1268

I have been struggling with trying to fix problems in the released source code that seem to have appeared to stall my efforts, the actual WPN fix is the same as that used in the robomx 2.06 fix as it uses the same libraries, but other unknown about bugs are in evidence.

Looking at Gabs code I see a few modifications from the source I have but no notes on what was done and why so I,ll step up my efforts on the original code and try to get something to you soon.

AMOK Chaos

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2005, 11:47:50 pm »
'me here'.... how do i change the port on wcs???

also... i can get my rabbit bot in the room but... it only does the exit msg...

weird thing is... it responds to all triggers in /opmsg and will do the greeting on re-direct....

its gettin to be like the movie... 'robots' ... LOL... they got minds of their own now....  omg!!! 0.0

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 03:54:03 pm »
Changing port on WCS is reasonably simple, go to the top left corner and open the config.ini file and look down the list for  port which is usually set at 0003.
Any of the MxControl bots will not work on port 3, so please set this to above 1024.

I have made a "Mark II" Rabbit patch so please try that it has the same name as the older fix but has a different version number
 (this was done because of those already linking to it ).

DMAN

Is there a Bendmx that will work now?
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 02:11:34 am »
*¤{/V\£}Movie Land{/V\£}¤*_FAACF5451A2A

DMAN

Metis 2.4" *¤{/V\£}Movie Land{/V\£}¤*_FA
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 02:14:46 am »
How Do i get this bot/Metis 2.4''  to do a room enter pic for when someone enters the room?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 02:18:56 am »
Just to let you know DMan, BendMX works as it always has.  It also doesnt require a seperate connection, it only requires you to have a working WinMX connection.

That said, if you are using the Install 1.9 from the WinMX Group site and you install BendMX after wards it will overwrite your patch file.  The best thing to do if you decided to install BendMX is to reinstall your 1.9 patch after installing the BendMX.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Re: Metis 2.4" *¤{/V\£}Movie Land{/V\£}¤
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 04:43:21 am »
Quote from: DMAN
How Do i get this bot/Metis 2.4''  to do a room enter pic for when someone enters the room?

Hi DMAN, to make your metis do that you need only add a few lines of code to the room entry message using the <out> command
 ( something like this I hope   :) )

Code: [Select]
<OnEnter type="script">  

<out type="normal">picture text here </out>
<out type="normal">and here </out>
<out type="normal">and here </out>

</OnEnter>

I,m sure theres not much more to it than that but we got some real geniuses over at MxControl who eat this stuff for breakfast

http://www.mxcontrol.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=8

Have a browse around there and I,m sure you,ll find many great script add-ins for you to add to your bot  :)

PANTHERCAT

WINMX
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 01:19:39 pm »
me here :D HEY TELL ME SOMETHING,I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING FOR MONTHS,WHAT IS WRONG WITH WIN MX,I SEE A MESSAGE BOARD THAT STATES IN BLACK AND WHITE," THAT WIN MIX IS DOWN PERMANENTLY AND YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO UTILIZE WIN MIX " WHILE ANOTHER SITE STATES " WE HAVE ALTERNATE SITES TO "FIX" WIN MIX.......CAN YOU FILL ME IN,AS I DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD A BUNCH OF USELESS PLUG-INS AND THE KINDS OF PROGRAMS THAT FREEZE UP ONES COMPUTER.....????

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 03:34:30 pm »
Hi PANTHERCAT,

I can try to help you understand whats going on a bit yes..

WinMX.exe was made by Frontcode aka. WinMX Technologies.  The site www.winmx.com is owned and still operated by them we believe.  On around Sept 7th, they received a letter from the RIAA threatening them with legal actions if they did not cease and desist activity.  
WinMX Technologies has never advertised or made any real profits over their program and without the money to fight the case they decided to comply to the best of their ability.  They shut down the Peer Cache servers that were used for us all to connect to the WinMX Peer Network.  Many dedicated users, programmers, and sites stayed on working to create a solution around the downed Peer Caches.  Since then one of our founding members (KM) made software to match the capabilities of those Peer Caches allowing us to use new servers to get connected, and a patch that works with your WinMX.exe file to find those new servers.

This site doesnt claim to be the 'new' WinMX.  Our group here works hard to maintain the user base by offering the same help we have always offered.  

So yes you will see conflicting stories around  the net regarding WinMX, its not everyday that the makers of a p2p are bullied into hiding by the mafia style tactics of the RIAA/MPAA and the users of that service work out ways to keep it open.  Some folks still think there is no WinMX, I assure them when I can that WinMX is alive and well and not going anywhere any time soon.

As far as using plugins and third party tools that is up to you, those are just toys that where made and loved over the years to add to the fun and usability of the WinMX Peer Network.  The ones in this thread are fixed or patched to find the new peer cache servers.

As for the patch, yes you will need to get a patch to get your WinMX connected, by law the WinMX.exe is owned by the WinMX Technologies and no one can make changes to the executable without their permission.  So the patch was made instead.  This works great and in the same way as your WinMX always did with the added feature of a block list for dodgy RIAA/MPAA IPs that are still trying to shut it down today.

You can find the patch at this site:
https://www.winmxgroup.com/
Called Version 1.9, this has the WinMX program and the Patch in an installer ready to use.

I hope this answers some of your concerns and if not please feel free to ask.

maKeLiKeFaGaN

just can't get uploads to stay connect-uploads np
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2005, 03:04:11 am »
me here
hi i've added 1.9 w/patch several times but seem to be block somehow on downloads..............

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 05:46:58 am »
downloads of what?

SnailConnected=HammerFocu

QuickMx123
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2005, 08:06:06 pm »
Good Day All >>> Sure nice as to being able to trade again>>>TNX to all and keep sharing<<< Curious if anyone has reconfigured QuickMx123 to work with 3.54- B4 ????  Any direction is greatly appreciated.....

73's

SnailConnected=HammerFocused

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 02:37:22 am »
We are not recommending folks to use QuickMx as it increases network traffic for evryone else and could in some cases cause you to be "denial of service" attacked.

With the fake list flooding and the smaller amount of users its not a great plan to be using it.
In answer to your question no one has continued developement of it anyway after the programmer was bombarded by complaints from angry folks.

Although not great news for you I hope the information helps  :)

Tweakster

WinMx programs
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 11:04:22 pm »
Has anyone seen A new QuickMx

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2005, 04:30:43 am »
I am not aware of any new releases and refer you to the post above.

It really is not in the best interests of the network to be using such a program, flooding the network with repeated searches will not make any more sources magically appear.  :?

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2005, 07:50:49 pm »
me here
why cant i get this to work on this computer

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2005, 05:06:21 am »
Guest.
Can you be a bit more specific on what your trying to get to work..

Thanks..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  Favorite Tools And Toys Fixed

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx