gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:04:54 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Fleet Foxes Thank Piracy For Their Success
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fleet Foxes Thank Piracy For Their Success  (Read 530 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Fleet Foxes Thank Piracy For Their Success
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:16:05 am »
Fleet Foxes’ self titled album was considered by Pitchfork and many other music critics to be the best album of 2008. Interestingly, Fleet Foxes frontman Robin Pecknold says the band could not have made the album without the inspiration he got from the hundreds of albums he pirated over the years.

After their successful debut album Fleet Foxes’ singer Robin Pecknold immediately made it clear that he dislikes the corporate greed that surrounds the major record labels. “Fleet Foxes will never, ever, under no circumstances, from now until the world chokes on gas fumes, sign to a major label,” Pecknold wrote in a blog post after the rumor spread that they’ve signed up with a major record label.

According to Pecknold the major labels seem to be anti-music. What really helped him and other bands to shape their sound and spark their creativity is file-sharing. “That was how I was exposed to almost all of the music that I love to this day, and still that’s the easiest way to find really obscure stuff,” he told the BBC.
torrentfreak

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: Fleet Foxes Thank Piracy For Their Success
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 09:25:00 am »
“That was how I was exposed to almost all of the music that I love to this day, and still that’s the easiest way to find really obscure stuff,” That would be true for many people and is also the reason why they then went on to buy stuff, but try telling the music industry that.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Fleet Foxes Thank Piracy For Their Success

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx