gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:13:30 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  ws2_32.dll hows it work ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ws2_32.dll hows it work ?  (Read 7567 times)

dazco

ws2_32.dll hows it work ?
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:03:11 pm »
How does ws2_32.dll   work ? i use it  in my fxs but had to remove the default host file in fxs prog file and make sure mx pie is uninstalled  if u had it as even with ws2_32.dll in the fxs prog folder it still would use the mxpie from the host file. Iwondered if ws2_32.dll may need updating or anything .

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: ws2_32.dll hows it work ?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:13:27 pm »
Hi Dazco,
if you are using fxs1.3.9 you put the sw2_32dll in your fxs folder with the fxs and config,
in your hosts file i assume you know where it is ( C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc ) you only need 1 ip entry 127.0.0.1  localhost
if you remove it totally, you will see the log window filling up with "host file not found"
so the best way is to remove all the pie cache ip's & just leave the localhost ip there that is in every pc, msn messenger also uses that localhost ip.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:31:42 pm »
The dll works only within the process application that called it, thats why it needs to be in the folder of the app that you need patching.

The host file as you know affects the entire system and can lead yo a laggy system if too many entries are added as windows will check this file before heading off to any IP address.

Due to known bugs in FX I would advise against using it until Fede fixes it, he added some code to make it host file user only and broke the server when he removed it.
You may find this beta version helpful and it may be the last as his site has been down now for over 3 weeks  :?

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Fx%20Server/FXServer%201.3.10%20beta%2011-%20151206.zip

dazco

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:15:18 pm »
Im using version 1.3.9  of fxs and it seems ok , it using the ws2_32.dll   and theres deffo no mxpie on my pc lol , so long as i have the fxs client and a wpn connection i should be ok i was just wondering if the ws2_32.dll   gets updated or anything ?

KM

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:41:22 am »
it has no need to be updated... in fact that file is quite literally version 1.0 of the patch (ok, it's not literally a copy of the file released as 1.0, as i didn't have it backed up... but after i added the blocking stuff to the newer patches, i basically just removed it all again and re-released as that third party one)

fede is basically a pie member, and at one point made fxserver specifically check for a file named ws2_32.dll and close to lie to users and claim it was because the patch didn't work - in fact it will work fine with absolutely any program that uses winsock (any program that uses networking - except it crashes IE7 for an unknown reason, and also won't run on windows 9x systems)

of course his timing couldn't have been any worse, because the day he broke fxserver to only work with modified hosts files the caches in the pie hosts file all went offline for a week or so, making it impossible to use fxserver without the patch (which of course directed to working caches, as it has done since the day of the first patch release)... so now it just lies to users claiming they need pie, but still actually works with the patch

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  ws2_32.dll hows it work ?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx