gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 05:18:11 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS Hosting Sites
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New WCS Hosting Sites  (Read 16554 times)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
New WCS Hosting Sites
« on: June 17, 2009, 01:50:07 pm »
Nice site, shame its full of advertisements on a free host. I think maybe a wcs page being set up somewhere might be a idea. Or i wonder if reef would like hosting on my server. Least then he can escape the Advertisements.

I'm not a web designer or anything of the sort and thats why i chose a free forum which had no ads at the time i started it. The ads unfortunately were introduced after only a few short months. They have nothing to do with me, i gain no revenue of any kind from them and not even sure what they consist of as there is an option to turn off the ads for mods of the site. The only reason i even began the site was to create a backup of metis scripts in case of other events happening such as mxcontrol going down (it wasn't back up and running at the time)... and then later the data loss on the rebelion, which many scripts are still missing.Later i began adding downloads of metis bots,chat servers etc etc. Due to problems with free forums i also lost data when they had a crash and had to rebuild the site 2 times... theres no option to backup data on that particular free forum, and if it happens again i'm not willing to start from scratch and rebuild it. Thanks for the offer of running it on your server Tiny, but i prefer to keep it where it is, due to it being very simple for a simple dude like me  :/

Not sure many hosts are aware that Raven sought out and found an accomplished programmer who has fixed these bugs in WCS and has even added a few new features as well. Personally i would recommend that any hosts hosting on WCS update to this latest version, and also hosts using rswcs drop that like a hot potato and switch to this version. Back to the ads... i'm not a fan of them myself  :x   Raven also provides these WCS downloads on her site and its ad free... so theres 2 places WCS can already be obtained from and help provided to those in need.

http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php

and

http://winmxaddicts.freeforums.org/index.php

Havent had a complaint yet about the ads as most say they're for software downloads. Are you saying theres ads containing sexual content? If so a screen shot would be appreciated (in PM) so i can make a complaint on freeforums site.

A big thanks to both Mind and Raven, for the long hours and work put into fixing WCS and giving hosts a real solid, stable chat server. Great job guys   :) :yes:

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: WCS Sites
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 02:09:25 pm »
Ok, the Advertisement was for a dating website, that isnt showing up again now an is now a on-line mmorg. So cant provide a screeny. For that im afraid as a family site i have to say if i seen something others may find objectionable. Ive said it, people can now do as they choose. Ill leave this up, and sticky it. As i would also like to see a migration away from the buggy FXserve, which is currently DDosing many of the caches. And richies mess and no source that ive seen of bide's. Is their any source for these new versions you have done. Forgive me for not going looking, im afraid im at work. An the offer is open anytime if you want it. Im happy to set it up further down the road if you want.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
Re: New WCS Hosting Sites
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »
Other then the license i dont see why GS would have a problem hosting the source as he has done with MCS
and then someone could put a compile guide up spoon feeding the process.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:40:24 am »
We will not be giving KM any cause to complain by hosting any WCS or his other StuffMx era sources that we dont have valid permission to host, this is common sense, MCS was released under a different licence and KM was happy for us to distribute that application at the time we started the sites archive.

I'm very pleased to see Raven is keeping the WCS project alive by her sterling efforts in both locating a programmer to fix some of the exploits and in warning folks of the dangers of using the compromised RSWCS.

Well done Raven  8)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 01:57:17 am »

After all that's happened in the past, I never expected WMW to post or support any WCS / WCB releases.

I knew it would be a risk releasing these bug fixes since they're still licensed to KM but we decided to take that risk anyways. I'll deal with KM if or when the time comes that he may have a problem with it.

Hopefullly, this will hold us over until someone releases a new (comparable) chat server that will replace wcs / fxs and bring us into the future. There was some talk about Eagle releasing one, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

For now, WCS and WCB fixed versions can be d/led at my and Reef's sites and we're willing to provide help / support for them also.

Thank You for your support...     :)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:41:19 am »
We have released 1.8.6.1, this contains a few minor as well as two major bug fixes as such it is, recommended that you update ASAP.

Also, I have a request for feedback from users.

WCS is up to date now. Mind has updated, cleaned up the code, which was a mess which KM stated himself when he posted it. All the bugs, exploits have been fixed so now what I need is feedback from users like .. Should we continue WCS or leave it. If we continued what sort of features would you like added. We are not willing to turn it into FXS our goal is to keep it as WCS, I think that's what KM would've wanted. Were open to new features that are wanted that other servers offer though or original features.Negative feedback is also welcome. If theres something you don't like about it I'd like to know.

Where we go from here is up to the users so please any feedback will be helpful.

Please post feedback in the WCS Help section or come to me.

Thanks and have a Great Day.

http://mxmadness.org/forum/

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:01:36 am »
Wow. Well done Raven... we knew you could do it. Thanks heaps for the update.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 10:53:49 am »
<---- Is seriously considering opening his room again. As always on WCS :-D  good show guys an gals.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 11:16:52 pm »
This is the sort of progress I am always pleased to see, well done to Raven and anyone else working to keep WCS a viable chat server.   8)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 06:06:15 am »
Thanks everyone but really Mind deserves the credit for this project. It was his coding skills and hard work that straightened this mess out so I couldn't of done it without him. I know he's not well known to everyone, as he keeps to himself (like eagle) but his work is exceptional so give this app a chance. At least test it out for yourself. More forward movement may be coming from him and that's really all I can say about any future projects.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 05:52:20 pm »
I tried to register on mxmadness.org, but I was unable to because the captcha was missing. I tried to click on Listen to the letters, but that didnt work either.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 08:56:43 pm »
hmm .. I'll fix it  :)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 09:51:14 pm »
An update seems to have fixed the registration issues. ty for reporting it promptly.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 09:38:32 pm »
I just wanted to say ive used fx server for a few years but thought i would try this new wcs, i wont be looking back !the new wcs is coming along great it was very easy moving from fxs to wcs as most of the colour codes worked in the bots all that had to be done was some adjustments in the wcs config passwords setup etc which took minuites. Great work to the guys and gals moving wcs forward :) i would certainly recomend any fxs users to try out this wcs server

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 05:26:04 pm »
I thought i would mention that there is now a feature request topic for future updates on wcs, iam sure theres some great ideas out there if so see if the team working on wcs can bring your ideas to life!

http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?topic=1656.0

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 10:05:59 am »
The other thread is abput wcs hosting sites this thread is just about the actual programe but as it seems to causing a stir just delete block or whatever you want to do i thought this was a forum for posting information but seems nowadays you post anything at your peril seems the future here is doomed :-( infact i will delete my posts from this thread and will refrain from posting on this forum again.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 10:09:01 am »
now ive gone and posted in the wrong damn thread and a theres no edit or delete options for post i cannot do anything about it

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 11:05:44 am »
I dont see why you have to put this as a personal attack as it is not. And it doesnt require you to be so drastic in your measures. I asked for one thread to keep all this information in. Not because wonderer said anything. But it sure is a ball ache going threw many posts looking to find which is the latest version, especially when their are a few diffrent folks versions knocking about. An seen as it was my gesture to allow the link to a WCS spin off, i feel i have the right to monitor its advertisement on this site. An in that respect im thinking for new people. Not the well versed. Take this how you wish, you want to leave; leave. Im not forcing you to be here. But i was asking you to do one simple thing.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 11:08:28 am »
Just a minor personal opinion, any coder telling the program he or she coded, modified or whatever is better than the, at this moment, most used program is, in my view, spamming and misinforming.
Eagle and Zénar and maybe others just tell about new releases, updates, modifications and let the users test and decide what program best fits their needs.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 11:11:17 am »
As for calling the post spam, as far as im concerned it is over and done with. And sholdnt be continued in this STICKED informative thread.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS Hosting Sites

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx