gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 01:29:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS Hosting Sites
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New WCS Hosting Sites  (Read 16547 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: New WCS Hosting Sites
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 07:36:11 pm »
Hmm things seem to move fast around here  :/

Just so everyone clear on what is or is not acceptable I had better explain before more folks get the wrong end of the stick:

Birdman: I am happy for you to post a link to updates info etc and so are the rest of the staff here in fact I was pleased Raven came by recently to do just that but what has upset some if the fact that your posting the same link in more than one thread and this as you may appreciate constitutes spam albeit that was perhaps not your intention.

Lets do as Tiny has indicated and keep releases confined to the same stickied thread so folks can keep track of the latest release, I used to do the same myself with Oukas and other developers releases and it seemed to work well, and can I ask you a favour ?

Can you relax a little with your off the cuff comments as they seem to be a bit dramatic and I know you may be passionate about this but not everyone else is and reading your comments about this forum on other forums gives a misleading impression of us, and that's not really fair when the thing you complained about did not involve anyone on the site admin or supervisory team, its not fair on us to imply another poster is acting on wmw's behalf because they said something to you that got you annoyed.

I like your posts, I respect your commitment , I hope you read this post and take it as what it is, a line in the sand , a place where we can all move on from without recrimination. Its not our intention to cut short folks fun and I hope you don't feel this is the case, its just as with any forum differences of opinion can spiral out of control and I think most here have had their fill of dealing with the fall-out.

I hope we can all move on as friends as friendship is something so important none of us should take for granted or lose by default  :no:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the topic :

Anyone have any opinions on the latest release or news on whether Raven and Mind are going to be continuing with the project or are they going to take a break now that this stable version is completed ?

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 09:06:01 pm »
Firstly my apologies for being off the cuff  it was not my intention to step on any toes in anyway there was a reason for making the wcs post to try and draw attention to it as at that point there was mention of no further development due to lack of interest and other things. Sadly it is to late now anyway as the development of wcs has been stopped.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 10:14:47 pm »
I guessed that may be the case, but I also know maybe Raven and Mind are worn out keeping up with fixing all the minor bugs that have been blown out of all proportion by certain unhelpful folks.
I think now things are stable a rest is well deserved and any future development can maybe be fun again rather than having to deal with the unecessary pressure placed on you when so many ppl rely on you for their hosting solution.

I know Raven and she is a strong lady who has done a lot for others and  I'm hopeful that when she is ready she will continue to look at perhaps adding a little more of the something special she has brought to many projects she has been involved with over the years.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 03:10:40 am »
i dont have any news on it, but since you asked for opinions i think the autoadmin is an easy exploit.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 03:56:36 am »
I dont see how when the host is the only one connecting using the loopback address.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 03:59:41 am »
the variable not the actual function.
if im reading the features correctly you can do
Code: [Select]
autoadmin="xapien"so when you enter the room your logged in... but that may not be how it works.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 06:45:09 am »
AutoAdmin=0           <-- disabled

AutoAdmin=1           <-- enabled

Acts the same way was E-serv.Hosts entering with loopback address 127.0.0.1   get auto admin'd

Not an exploit at all

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 07:28:47 am »
The latest version  availible for WCS is 1.8.6.2   for windows and linux from http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 08:46:05 am »
If folks think there are exploits that need attending to I stronglly advise contacting Raven or Mind or me as a last resort, because if I see them posted here before that happens the posters forum account will be suspended at the least, just why people want to be so negative is beyond me but I dont like this bad attitude thats been creeping in here, we are a community lets work together to enjoy ourselves and shun those who look for exploits just to steal folks fun.

Cheers for the info Birdman, if folks want to go check out this latest WCS release follow the link  8)

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 03:21:19 pm »
Thanx for clearing that up reef =)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45:49 am »
WCS Update..

I'm sorry I guess I should have made a post sooner to explain what's going on with the WCS project. I did at first announce that I was axing the project due to a lack of support and a lot of negative feed back which upset a few people such as birdman, so give him a break, he was only trying to help.

Since then though I've decided just to take a sabbatical and let things cool down, give it time to catch on and keep the project alive. Preserving KM's programs has been no picnic and were falling behind on other projects, interests.

WCS and WCB are in good shape, we may have one more release coming before we stop and will continue to maintain it (if any bugs should turn up) and as always provide help and support.

@wonderer

I have never posted that WCS is better than other servers. ES and ZCS are good servers and made by good, honest programmers. WCS 1.83 is still in good shape as long as you don't use large motd's and a lot of replaces. I posted that FXS is obsolete and getting worse by the day and there's only one other server that I don't recommend. (I don't think I need to say it out loud)

Anyways, I hope this clears things up and Have a Nice Day Everyone  : )

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 09:53:43 pm »
Cheers for popping by to make clear the present situation Raven, I was hoping you would pop by to reassure folks that whilst you where taking a break the current stable build is supported and will be for its lifetime, please enjoy your break and thank Mind too for the good work both of you have put in on this for others to use.  :-D

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 11:35:29 pm »
@]2aven
it is off topic but I can't remember stating you was advertising in a bad salesmans/woman's manner.
I think it is good to know the programs allowed to be announced on winmxworld are closely looked after on malfunctions hurting the community.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 10:28:06 am »
Some good news a new update for WCS is now out,  version 1.8.6.3   for windows and linux

Changes since 1.8.6.2

- Fixed how memory was allocated for Blocked Word/Name
- Fixed a potential security risk regarding ! access
- Added ShowTopicTag=0/1
- Added ? access
- Added /showsecmsgs

ShowTopicTag=0/1 is used to prefix the channel topic with [WCS]
This is ONLY visible from the channel list and does not modify the topic.
Note: This functionality is disabled by default.

? access is used to specify which users the server will forward security messages to,
such as banned join attempts, nickname hijack attempts, etc.

/showsecmsgs will toggle whether or not you will see security messages,
if you've been granted ? access, this is easier then having to remove the level,
as it leaves your access intact.

Go here for the latest release  http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php

Thanks to Raven, Mind and anyone else involved in the project :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 09:46:01 pm »
Excellent news BirdMan   :-D

My compliments to Raven and Mind for their solid commitment to this project, well dont to you both. 8)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2009, 09:52:42 am »
FYI .. MXMadness is down right now due to some problem at the data center. Sorry. You can get WCS help and support or WCS downloads from Reef's site .. http://winmxaddicts.freeforums.org/ or come to Movie Madness for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:04 pm »
MXMadness.org and the Help Room is up and running again. The forum suffered some (drama) oops I mean data loss and I'm sorry for that but it wasn't my fault as the data center had whole section of servers go down. For those of you who made helpful posts such as feature requests, we haven't forgotten them. Again, sorry for the inconvienience.

Thanks and Have A Great Day!

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 03:50:05 pm »
ty for keeping us posted raven :)

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 11:50:47 am »

We have released WCS v1.8.7. WCS Windows users are recommended to update right away as this release contains an important bug fix concerning the Windows gui. This release ended up being mostly bug fixes but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I want to take this opportunity to let everyone know that although Mind is standing by to fix any issues that may arise, he has his own projects to finish so I'm putting this project on the back burner (for now). I'm pleased with the work he's done on WCS which was fix the issues (mostly memory allocation) which was the goal of this project all along. So, special thanks to Mind and all the users that supported this project.

Here's the change log:
Code: [Select]
Changes since 1.8.6 (mind)

*Fixed AddBlockWord() to handle NULL arguments properly
*Fixed AddReplace() to handle NULL arguments properly
*Fixed DNSServer/DNSServer2 not being read from the config
*Fixed reverse dns lookups
*Fixed overflow in /dumpcore
*Fixed case-sensitivity of custom commands
*Fixed reading invalid access levels from the config
*Fixed variables not being replaced in /motd display
*Fixed /setaccess appending a space to the client's access string
*Fixed 0x9905 messages being sent twice if fancyentry is enabled
*Fixed another bug in /dumpcore (grrr...)
*Fixed how memory was allocated for BlockList
*Fixed a potential security risk regarding ! access
*Fixed another bug in /dumpcore (grrr...)
*Fixed how memory was allocated for BlockList
*Fixed a potential security risk regarding ! access
*Fixed windows gui from locking up if flooded   
-Updated default cache to caches.winmxworld.net (due to mxstuff.org closing)
-Updated RenameMessage to allow color codes
-Updated RenameMessage to compensate for network id updates
+Added ShowTopicTag=0/1
+Added ? access
+Added /showsecmsgs
+Added AutoAdmin=0/1
+Added ! as protected user access (safe from kick, ban, kickban, exile, and redirects)
+Added $RAWOLDNAME$ and $RAWNEWNAME$ for rename message

Notes:

AutoAdmin= is used to automatically grant full access (*@!) when joining using a loopback hash,
this saves the host time by not having to login,
to enable set to 1, to disable set to 0 which is default.
(only works when you join using a loopback hash, i.e 0100007F1A2B)

! access is used to protect from kicks, bans, kickbans, exiles, aswell as redirects.

ShowTopicTag=0/1 is used to prefix the channel topic with [WCS]
This is ONLY visible from the channel list and does not modify the topic.
Note: This functionality is disabled by default.

? access is used to specify which users the server will forward security messages to,
such as banned join attempts, nickname hijack attempts, etc.

/showsecmsgs will toggle whether or not you will see security messages,
if you've been granted ? access, this is easier then having to remove the level,
as it leaves your access intact.

$RAWOLDNAME$ and $RAWNEWNAME$ can also be used for rename message now

Have A Great Day and Don't Forget to Update !!

http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?board=78.0

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 12:06:04 pm »
Well done you guys. I hope your other projects are coming along as well.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  New WCS Hosting Sites

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx