gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 07, 2024, 11:18:02 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Where In The MXWorld Are You?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where In The MXWorld Are You?  (Read 100588 times)

almo

Were In The MXWorld Are You?
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2005, 01:19:49 pm »
I was disapointed to see it stop; GREAT...to see WinMx back on thank you.
almo (downunder) :D

sea-for-cinnamon

Thank You!!!!
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2005, 05:07:13 pm »
Thank You    Thank You    Thank You    Thank You    Thank You!!!!!!
It's good to be back!!! I don't know computers and my heartfelt thanks go to everyone who not only fixed this and made sharing possible again but also made an easy-to-use patch for the rest of us.

alpipu73

Hello !!! My friends
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2005, 11:47:53 pm »
I have not works. Thanks you !
The return of Win Mx go to save the 70's, the 80's and the 90's music.
I see you again!
Push DOWNLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barcelona, Catalonia (Spain)

MX_-_resuRrecTion508

PATCHED??!!!!
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2005, 04:52:18 pm »
It seems like im the only idiot here who cant get MX back up.  :shock: Have been using Winmx forever!!!   Ever since the crash and various patch downloads, every time I use MX it just keeps saying WAITING FOR INCOMING CONNECTION all the time on dwnlds and uplds, then of course it times out.   I now have to use that crap Limewire.      

ANy help/suggestions appreciated!!   thanks,

mxres

XP SP2
AMD 1700 (1.4)
1 GB RAM
FX5900SE

MX v3.54 beta 4
MXMonitor 1.28eb
PeerGuardian

MX_-_resuRrecTion508

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2005, 05:55:37 pm »
Nevermind, what a tool i am. Installed router about same time as MX crash and dont know anything about it.  Got it all sorted thanx to all the great advice here!   thanx,

mxres

ROUTERS R A DAMN MINEFIELD!

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2005, 11:48:29 am »
LOL yes they are.. glad your sorted.. let us know if you need anything else..  :wink:

MX_-_resuRrecTion508

MX
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2005, 10:16:20 pm »
Me-  wow its great to be back on MX!!   Hands down best p2p ever, didn't realize how much I missed it, now just need another hard drive!  lol  I can't believe when I hear ppl complaining about WinMX,  ugly interface, hard to use....  They don't know what they're on about... :P

I do seem 2 b having everyone else's problem with the primary connection, only secondary works for searching and uploading.   I did the port forwarding (and static ip) thing, added extra port setting exceptions for XP SP2 firewall settings, checked TCP/UDP settings,   blah blah blah,  gonna throw router out window soon...   :twisted:    

XP SP2
AMD 1700 (1.4)
1 GB RAM
FX5900SE

MX v3.54 beta 4
MXMonitor 1.28eb
PeerGuardian

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2005, 10:44:39 pm »
Well the true test of your router settings is if you can bypass it and see how your transfers or searches are working.  Sometimes Routers can be difficult to get set just right.

The two things that I would look at for you problem here is do you have Norton 2005 av or ZoneAlarm installed.  Some folks have had problems with these..

RoyalGuru

Espoo, Finland
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2005, 02:19:58 pm »
Runs nicely!

billybob504

winmx patch
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33:47 pm »
WinMX is running with the patch however when someone is trying to UL from me it says "waiting for incoming connection" then "Timed out (waiting for incoming connection).

Is this normal?

If not what is the fix?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2005, 11:19:46 pm »
Billy some of those messages are normal.

"Waiting for Incoming Connection" is just that the two machines are waiting to talk to each other.

"Timed out waiting for Incoming Connection" means that for some reason on your end or theres the communications didnt happen fast enough.

If this is happening with all of your uploads then you probably have a blocked port that WinMX will require you to open.

Now we have to find out where or what is blocking that so..

Do you have a router or DSL modem?
What firewalls do you use?
What operating system do you have?

Do you have Norton 2005?

These are some of the things that can block your uploads.. let me know more and we can help you get it fixed...

samsontut333

winmx fix
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2005, 12:04:25 am »
ive tried the winmx fix several times...to no avail.  it keeps saying "patch operational".  but my connection status never changes from  yellow to green.  i have been using morpheus since winmx went down but nothing compares to winmx.  i'm ready to just purchase one of the on line versions.  are any of them the same company?  i wont mind paying if the product is as good as what i had or better.  i just know i need to dump morpheus.  it's just not as good as winmx was.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2005, 12:14:11 am »
samsontut333,

What ever you do DO NOT PAY FOR WINMX.  Those site are a rip off. WinMX is free to anyone and you wont get anything that is any diferent then what we offer you here.

If your having problems getting it to connect we can help you with that, feel free to send me a PM on site here or have a look at this thread.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=970

Read through that and even print it if you need to and follow those steps.  If your still having problems just send me a PM on site or post here.  

Those pay for WinMX sites have downloaded our patch or made a hosts file and then packaged it with the same program you get from us and then sell it to you.  Its a complete and total rip off and scam.

They do not offer support, they are charging folks for exactly what you already have and until we fix you correctly that wont work either, and you will be out of pocket money that you cant recover.

Tquick

Thanks for the patch
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2005, 12:41:04 am »
Wow, it's GREAT to have Winmx back up and running.  Thanks very much to all the fine folks who helped to make this a reality.  I truly think that the world is a nicer place with Winmx working!

skyking

WinMX World
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2005, 11:02:03 am »
Thanks much to whom was responsible for return WinMX to functionallity!!!

Anonymous

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2005, 11:51:43 am »
called my cable comp,told them to shut of throttle and filtering i was paying them 24/7 365 and if not there problem come to my house and repair my puter .hung up one hr i am back online with old ports no problem leave the members a message like you said strictly server screw up working grt now with anyone on t1 .thanks for your help .Gus

Anonymous

Happy WinMx user and sharer
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2005, 01:51:35 pm »
Keep up the great work! This is even better than the original versions..
Irene
Jerusalem
Israel

Wyzwoman

Between a rock and a hard place..
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2005, 05:35:36 pm »
Thumbs up to great people, we are all greatful..but still leery of RIAA.. Are they able to trace? A big concern!..
Nancy - Ontario, Canada

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2005, 11:13:51 pm »
This network is wonderful place for online security.  Its design makes it nearly impossible to prove your online activity.  Its one of, if not THE safest networks to be on for your online privacy ..  :wink:

Anonymous

Re: MX has a life of its own, it'll never die and we proved
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2005, 06:29:55 pm »
Quote from: PiNkZaPpA
I never left mx when it began sinking , i put my faith in all the geeks who use mx and would never let go  POWER TO THE GEEKS  I'm located in Manitoba Canada and you can find me in Pink Floyd trades Centre drop in and say hi
:P  8)  8)  8)  :roll:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Where In The MXWorld Are You?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx