gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 07:02:55 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  selective download problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: selective download problem  (Read 1439 times)

Samuel_Addams

selective download problem
« on: June 27, 2009, 01:19:07 pm »
When trading with one person, we have no problem connecting to each others system.  I can download files from him with no problem.  However, when he downloads from me, his files become disconnected in <5 s and he gets a "file mismatch error".  This happens all of the time on every file, even when at the beginning.  When he downloads the same file from others, he has no problem even at the same time he is trying to download from me.  

He is running Winmx 3.53 and I'm running winmx3.54 beta.  I have windows XP he has windows vista 64.

Neither of us seem have a problem with other traders.  

What can be causing this?

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: selective download problem
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 04:02:24 pm »
check both to have set outgoing TCP connection attempt timeout set to 120.
in some rare cases you can be on the very edge of timing out and the massive number of retries forces winmx to give this (wrong) error message. nothing wrong with the file, it is just the number of send retries exceeding the maximum

Samuel_Addams

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 03:50:32 am »
check both to have set outgoing TCP connection attempt timeout set to 120.
in some rare cases you can be on the very edge of timing out and the massive number of retries forces winmx to give this (wrong) error message. nothing wrong with the file, it is just the number of send retries exceeding the maximum

Thank you for your response.  Both of us have tried this and it did not work.  Mine was defaulted to 100 s and I changed it to 120 s.  120 s seems to be the highest it will go.  The funny thing is the file transfer does start but only for a few seconds before disconnecting.

Whose system would be the source of the disconnects?  What other settings could be wrong?

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 05:34:22 am »
although it seems weird, try to copy the files to a separate folder and share from there. This has helped in other similar cases, I have no explanation for it.

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 09:31:41 am »
I would suggest 'he' creates a folder c:/downloads   moves his incompletes there.. and tries again
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Samuel_Addams

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:22:24 pm »
I would suggest 'he' creates a folder c:/downloads   moves his incompletes there.. and tries again

My incomplete files and complete files are already separate.  They are also on two different hard drives.

Offline Savage Blades

• Forum Member
    • DJ Hire
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 12:23:38 pm »
I meant that for the other user using vista.
My opinions, are mine !
They may, or may not reflect the views and opinions of other WinMX World Forum members !!
DJ Hire

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 03:53:13 pm »
The receiving end has no problems as the same files come in while they mismatch at the same time from Samuel_Addams. Moving completed files too soon after completing seems to give this problem. The best way to work is to copy the file after completing download and delete the just completed file. Doing the delete from within WinMx will make sure it is not in use at the moment of delete.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  selective download problem

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx