gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 11:24:21 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Peerguardian Blocklist Alternative ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Peerguardian Blocklist Alternative ?  (Read 33413 times)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
Peerguardian Blocklist Alternative ?
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:07:21 am »
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the following link is it useful and maybe an alternative to peerguardian

http://nexus23.org/warfare/content/view/17/34/

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
Re:Peerguardian Blocklist Alternative ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:27:13 am »
Sorry what i was saying is not an alternative to peerguardian but an alternative list to use instead of its default bluetack lists  using the peergurdianX list with peergurdian

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Peerguardian Blocklist Alternative ?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:57:32 am »
I,ll take a peek Birdman, what has killed Blutak is the fact their lists are indescriminate and in most cases blocking IPs no longer used by attackers, any new list will need very active and responsible compilers , although we got winmx covered it was always a disappointment bluetak never cleaned up their listings.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Re:Peerguardian Blocklist Alternative ?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:17:37 am »
From my first viewings it seems the concept of not blocking forever is strong in this group and for that I commend them but what I also read was that this list is focused predominantly on Emule, it would maybe be a good idea to make contact with this group and offer them our WinMX blocklist findings as they can be validated by anyone with a brain and a few basic tools and then add our network to the list of those they cover.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 10:28:22 am »
It would be interesting to see if contact and the addition of winmx blocklist can be made i also see how they do not like to block an ip forever like bluetack do i have never heard of this group before and only came accross them back accident there seems to be 3 lists availible  for emule, uttorent and for peergurdian  same lists but to work with the diff programes.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 10:51:43 am »

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 11:15:09 am »
Sorry for a further post but the edit button does not seem to be appearing so i cant add it to previous post. Another interview very intersting especialy the part that they are fighting to take over the default list of peerguardian! i think ive read enough and am going to add their list and their list alone to peergurdian as i use other networks  than winmx and will feel a little more at ease as to who is connecting to me. Anyway here the other interview of interest  sorry for the mutliple posts

http://www.integrityp2p.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=17938

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 03:34:55 pm »
98kb for their list beats the crap out of 3+mb for blutack......

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 04:17:08 pm »
Ive run the blocklist from the above group through peergurdian (peergurdianX.zip list) now for a few hours, ive had blocked hits when opening the chat rooms listing and when searching for "movie"  iam not sure if thats a good or bad thing as they are just ips to me lol  found it interesting that opening the chat rooms listing one of the blocked ips is a virgin media one  oh and also iam running my winmx on primary if that matters ive also noted the whittaker ip range recently blocked by winmx word is also in their block list :-)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 08:47:42 am »
Has anyone else tried this groups blocklist with peergurdian or utorrent, opinions is it a viable list worth people using p2p using ?

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 02:38:23 pm »
Go ahead the same companies target other p2p as well.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 07:49:01 pm »
Rather than manualy updating the above nexus groups blocklist theres a url you can add to peergurdian so it will update automaticaly here:

http://iblocklist.com/lists.php for a list of block lists

the actual url  for nexus blocklist for peergurdian is      http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=nxs23_ipfilterx

Offline Spartan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 05:22:20 am »
Personally I would suggest to not use I-Blocklist ,
the dude that runs it does not update ipfilterX fast as emulefuture.de ,
check out http://ip-filter.emulefuture.de/

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 03:47:53 pm »
The problem to me is both of these seem region specific.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 11:12:37 pm »
other than different file comments in the iblocklist source of nexus i see nothing different or 'regional' between the 3 sources (sourceforge, iblocklist, and emulefuture)
* Silver Stripes looks in bacon/forested 665s direction

anyone care to do an exact comparison of addresses blocked?

note: iblocklist changes the comments and adds leading zeros but '222.133.028.128' and '222.133.28.128' are the same address *pokes bacon/forested 665*....

note to everone else: the pestering of '665' was cos of the confusion caused over IM by using 127.000.000.001 as an example of leading zeros in an ip... ;)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
Re: Peerguardian alternative ?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 07:30:49 am »
oh dear i hope i have not done somthing bad in bringing this blocklist to peoples attention ?

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
  • keep winmx alive :-)
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 09:02:09 am »
You are so good how could you ever do anything so bad? pmsl

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 09:16:14 am »
I think I can speak for all the folks in this instance Birdman, we are always happy to have new information and tools that help users enjoy a trouble free peer to peer experience, you have done nothing wrong  :)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 09:36:29 am »
phew ! ok iam glad i am not in the bad books :-P    ive been using the blocklist from nexus32 corp  ( IpfiterX)  through peerguardian  with the list update url from I-Blocklist site and have seen it update a few times  indeed there is an extensive range of blocklists at http://iblocklist.com/lists.php  but ive gone for the nexus one after reading up on that particular group and their aims.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »
As ive been asked a few times now what the url is to add to peerguardian for the nexus blocklist i thought i would post it again as in my opinion it is a good blocklist to use with peerguardian especialy if you use other networks like torrents

the url to add to peergurdian is    http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=nxs23_ipfilterx
set it to block and it will also auto update aswell.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Peerguardian Blocklist Alternative ?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx