gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 12:48:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Rogers Customer Hostages
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rogers Customer Hostages  (Read 33551 times)

ShawSUCKS

Re: Rogers Customer Hostages
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2007, 06:24:51 pm »
Hi guys!
I had the same problem in Vancouver with Shaw.  I even subscribed to Business internet ($120.00/month!!!) and still was throttled.  The ONLY work around this problem is to subscribe to a secure proxy like Guardster or FINDMENOT.  This encrypts all your packets, so they can't strip the p2p traffic off.   It's a pain, but that's the only thing I found that worked.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2007, 06:35:42 pm »
That means even more money to be paid o.o

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline JanBrB

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2007, 01:30:31 am »
I have tried all of the suggestions and still can't get WMX to connect/ any ideas.  Am XP os and Rogers ISP.

Offline bughunter

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2007, 02:08:56 am »

Offline Yogimania

• Forum Member
  • JMB Productions
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2007, 09:12:19 pm »
Hi ya'll, I am very frustrated with Rogers. I have DSL and my uploads are very slow no matter what I do. I've had many users try to help but to no avail. If anyone can suggest anything to me please do so, I would be happy to try anything. I can download sometimes not too bad but when somebody wants a file from me it takes forever and many are not happy with this.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Yogimania
Johnny

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2007, 02:06:56 am »
Unfotunately there is not real cure for this except to take your wallet with you and move to a new ISP, I will say however if yoru actually getting download to go and some uploads even at slow rates your better off them most Rogers customers. .most will start and go immediatly to 0.00KB/s and die.. :S

Wish we had better news for you on this :(

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2008, 04:40:47 am »
HI ALL, THE ONLY WAY AROUND THIS THROTTLING, IS IF EVERYONE COMPLAINS TO THERE ISP, NOT ONCE, NOT TWICE, BUT CONSTANTLY COMPLAIN, EVENTUALLY IF WE ALL DO THIS (& I DO ALL THE TIME, BUT I'M JUST ONE PERSON AMONGST MILLIONS), THEY'LL HAVE NO CHOICE TO STOP & GIVE US WHAT WE PAID FOR, BECAUSE WE WILL CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT ISP (IF THERE IS ANOTHER ISP WHERE WE LIVE, BUT NOT IN MY CASE :-(  ) & THOSE ISP'S THAT THROTTLE BIG TIME WILL LOSE OVER 75% OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. THINK ABOUT THAT!!! HOW MUCH MONEY DOES 75% OF "WE" CUSTOMERS WOULD THESE ISP'S LOOSE???? A HELL OF A LOT MONEY & ITS POSSIBLE SOME ISP'S WOULD GO BUST.
TRADING IS OK,
BUT A SHARER IS FAIRER.
"WINMX WILL NEVER DIE!!!"

Offline richardwagner

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2008, 03:57:11 am »
I think the FTC took action against Comcast for doing this. This may help against Rogers, if they are in the USA.

Offline slayer666

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2009, 04:48:25 am »
ugh dont get me started on rogers i was a victim of their shit i was limited to only being able to download at 25 kbs and upload at 10 kbs today is the day it ended i just switched to a new isp which i seem to be having problems with already :/ lol

Offline Haywire

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2009, 03:53:28 pm »
Bell Canada (Sympatico) is doing the same as well. Took our Unlimited accounts away. Now U have to Buy a Gigibyte range to suite U. If you go over they charge u a Buck a Gig, up to a Max. of $30.00. The CRTC will be looking into these practices supposedly in the Fall of 2009. Sympatico is now being renamed to Bell.net. She-sh!.

Haywire
To Find me online in WinMX Search for "[USER] _Haywire_MxM_420_272.(txt,avi, or/& mp3) In WinMx's search Windows.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Rogers Customer Hostages

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx