gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:15:24 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RIAA ‘helping GOP to retake majority’
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RIAA ‘helping GOP to retake majority’  (Read 521 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
RIAA ‘helping GOP to retake majority’
« on: July 17, 2009, 06:53:07 am »
http://www.p2pnet.net/story/25123

RIAA:- Recording Industry vs The People’s Ray Beckerman was astounded when music-loving politician Joe Crowley was discovered about to regale attendees at a, “soiree located at the lobbying headquarters of the Recording Industry Association of America,” as the Huffington Post put it.

Actually, the phrase Ray used was, “I am sick”.

But that was nothing.

Now the RIAA, “currently in a legislative battle over performance royalties,” is, “rolling out the red carpet for the Republican group 218,” says SmartBrief, adding:

“The group, which is looking to help the GOP retake a majority in the House of Representatives, is holding an event at the RIAA’s headquarters in downtown Washington, D.C.

“The RIAA says it regularly rents its space for events.”

So it gets paid twice: once by its owners, Vivendi Universal, EMI, Warner Music and Sony Music; and, again by politicians when it whores — sorry, hires, its space to politicians so it can schmooze — sorry, lobby, them on behalf of Vivendi Universal, EMI, Warner Music and Sony Music.

I can't say that I am surprised at that news. We all know that the RIAA likes to have it's finger up the butt of politicians.  :vomit:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RIAA ‘helping GOP to retake majority’

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx