gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:48:27 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pay to use Piratebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pay to use Piratebay  (Read 1330 times)

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
Pay to use Piratebay
« on: July 17, 2009, 06:11:26 am »
Looks like after all that has been said people will have to pay to use the piratebay after all

http://torrentfreak.com/new-pirate-bay-will-become-a-pay-site-090716/

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: Pay to use Piratebay
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:34:54 am »
So the proposed scheme funded by ISP's has fallen down. No great surprise there. It seems the dawn of reality has come to the new owners and at last they are being honest. Anyone expecting Pirate Bay to remain anything like it was previously, other than in name, is in for a big shock.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:45:20 am »
I never realised just how much torrents relied on piratebay until i read this article, it remains to be seen if torrents will remain the same after the takeover of piratebay maybe people will look for an alternative (winmx)  should torrents start to fail to deliver .

http://torrentfreak.com/publicbt-tracker-set-to-patch-bittorrents-achilles-heel-090712/

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 11:19:31 am »
@birdman -- winmx would be nice but id rather a .torrent than a (potentially broken) albumwrap file... and dont forget about the 2gig filesize limit.... cuts out dvd .iso really quick.... MX needs some help out of its 9x past first...

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:25:34 pm »
Winmx does allow multisource download but i have never seen it reach the same speeds.
Though p2p can be plainly seen a legal download such as a linux iso is much faster then a direct download from a mirror or 1 peer.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 10:30:48 pm »
multisource isnt what i ment... i know it does that... i ment that the methods employed for 'large files' dont suit winmx well... and if its above 2gb it doesnt work at all...

winmx is the 45rpm single

bittorrent is the 33 1/3 LP

not really such a thing as a p2p swiss army knife (yet?).... but a 'toolbox'? got those...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Pay to use Piratebay

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx