gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 05:11:28 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMX World Help Section Live
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX World Help Section Live  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
WinMX World Help Section Live
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:53:11 pm »
You'll notice if you click on the Help link above the new 'Help' section is now live and in person  8)

This section has been in the works for a long time, when we set the site up we concentrated on tutorials partly because this is where we needed to build and partly because we/I wanted to offer more hands on help in the forum and encourage folks to use it and become part of the community.  Since then we have grown a lot as a Help site, with so many folks needing help its not always possible to get answers as fast as it was back when we had 300 members ...lol.  My hope is that basic help, tips, and information will be sought and found in this new Help Section.

It's taken some time to put together for various reason's but I'm proud to say its a cumulative work of many users experience and knowledge and pretty much contains everything I know.. I hope.  I'm sure there are some things that may have slipped through and if you notice anything please mention it and we'll get information added.

This section contains an informal Trouble shooting Guide and a Main WinMX Help Index, which also includes OpenNap.  You'll notice that there are no pages pertaining to third party software for WinMX at this time however, we hope to add some of those in time.

I hope you enjoy this section, learn something new in it, and it helps many users to use WinMX to its fullest.
Any feed back is welcome on it.

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
Re: WinMX World Help Section Live
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:12:02 pm »
Well what can I say I think you have said it all.....except that it was your time and effort and endless sleep over this. A big thankyou to you  for putting it together.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Valor

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:28 am »
Well done putting it all together Me_Here, great layout, great information. I know you have been working on this section a long time and I bet you are elated the thing is finally done! congratulations xxxx
Let's all throw in and fedex Me_here a gallon of tequila lol

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:14:35 am »
looks great so far Me_Here .. my compliments

Greetings, ..Joshua203
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:25:29 pm »
Excellant work Me_Here   congrats on completion  :)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30:55 pm »
Thanks guys for the comments :D 
* Me Here waits for the post to come in ... lol

Offline bluepup

• Forum Member
  • bluepup
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 12:23:25 am »
Help!  The S= value shows 0 in my open nap.  As I recall, S=0 isn't good and to change it to show numeric value, I had to do something with forwarding ports.  Is this so?  Is S=0 problematic?  Thanks for your help, I still don't know jack,
bluepup

Offline bluepup

• Forum Member
  • bluepup
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 12:34:33 am »
Me Here, earlier query referred to S=0.  Now, S=3.  Is this magic or simply a glitch?  bluepup

Offline tig

• Forum Member
  • WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 12:36:46 am »
Sometimes connecting to open nap can take awhile.
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. BY Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 12:38:56 am »
s= and p= are related to the WPN not opennap.

s is the numbe rof secondaries connected to you and p is the number of primaries you are connected to.

The s value will be 0 when you first start and you shouldnt see a change for a little while.
It should change to atleast 1 after 15 minutes if it doesnt then you can worry. but all looks good from what you have posted.
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline bluepup

• Forum Member
  • bluepup
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 12:54:43 am »
thanks so much  bluepup

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 01:12:37 am »
yw
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WinMX World Help Section Live

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx