gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 05:57:59 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Which patch?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Which patch?  (Read 1971 times)

james47

Which patch?
« on: October 26, 2005, 09:37:53 pm »
As a previous mx user  i was on 3.54beta i am unsure about which patch to use.On the one hand youve got the piepatch2.6 or on th other km,s does it matter which patch ,do they both work the same way as i believe there may be some need to delete a dll file etc.Do you think its better to reinstall 3.54 beta or go with the 3.53?or is one as good as the other.I allways found i got better results on a secondary but have been on a primary in the past and is peerguardian still necessary on a primary or is trhis sherwood? better.Sorry lots of questions,but i hope the mx community can go foreward as one and not splinter.thanks and best wishes to you all out there.(xp broadband 512k cabel modem) :D

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Which patch?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 10:33:38 pm »
Aside from the fun banter we have been seeing there are technical reasons why we recommend the dll file, these are the following

1) it will never need changing each time a cache is switched on or off

2) it has an internal flooder blocker that stops the RIAA/MPAA lackies from using you to flood the network.

3) there is no added delay in using the dll as there is with a host file fix that has been applied on top of an existing host file that has been modified to block ads spy and popup sites.

4) it contains all the caches not just the ones of either operator.

If you are using a host file solution and use primary I recommend either Sherwood for just mx users or Peer Guardian2 for a user of many p2p apps.

As regards the 3.53 or 3.54b4 choice as far as I am aware there is no real choice here as the 3.54 features a fix for a problem that can cause network disconnections on 3.53, so I always recommend it for that reason.

If you need any more info just ask, you.ll find support here whatever your choice of patch/fix  :D

james47

which patch
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:00:52 am »
Many thanks for that ghostship youve answered my questions and ticked all the boxes. :D

james47

which patch
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 02:42:23 pm »
THANKS back on line again ,no probs as with  the 3.54b4 and 1.9 patch ,up and downloads fine although the queues are longer ,but thats to be expected .keep up the good work.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Which patch?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 04:22:42 pm »
James without users WinMX is nothing ... Thank you for rejoining us  8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  Which patch?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx