gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 05:18:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  SURVEY: UK Men Pirate More than UK Women
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SURVEY: UK Men Pirate More than UK Women  (Read 672 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
SURVEY: UK Men Pirate More than UK Women
« on: July 21, 2009, 08:27:28 pm »
Telindus, a UK-based ICT Solutions and Services Company, released the results of a new survey of some 2,000 UK adults it commissioned that provides some interesting insight into the state of P2P in the UK.

Now it goes without saying that the survey has its flaws, but I like reading the numbers nonetheless.

It says that three out of five UK adults “don’t believe” that musicians should profit from their singles and music videos being downloaded online. It also said that some 2/3 of respondents said film an TV producers shouldn’t derive any royalties.

What’s not clear from the survey is whether they said this flat out or is the meaning derived from their illegal file-sharing behavior.

What is clear is that men proved to be the most prolific online pirates with 50% never paying for content, compared to 38% of women. The figure was 43% overall.

The threat of legal action is not deterring UK adults from illegal file-sharing. While 59% stated that they were aware of copyright laws and knew the consequences, a fifth admitted they knew where to illegally download material.  It was 16-24yos who knew what sites best at 57%, compared to a third of 25-34yos.

“We live in a digital age where people have grown accustomed to receiving something for nothing and, as a result, online piracy has exploded.,” said Mark Hutchinson, managing director of Telindus. ““Content providers and ISPs need to work together to develop a structure that ensures that the creators don’t miss out on revenues due to piracy and ISPs get rewarded for providing the extra bandwidth and experience required. Most importantly, the right holders and ISPs need to deliver an end user experience that consumers will be demanding and, ultimately, willing to pay for.”
zeropaid

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
Re: SURVEY: UK Men Pirate More than UK Women
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:54:41 am »
Yet another survey that falls into the "So what?" category!
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline Forested665

• Forum Member
  • Linux:2003 FreeBSD:2004 Debian/BSD developer:2006
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:14:44 am »
and one that is also questionable... 7 people could use my pc how would they know who is doing what?
BSD -  The Daemons Are No Longer Just Inside My Head.

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 06:30:00 pm »
" Three out of five UK adults don't believe that musicians should profit from their singles" ..... etc, etc

I don't believe for one minute that three out of five people would say that. Of course we don't know exactly what was asked or how the questions were phrased. One thing that I am certain of is people do think musicians should be rewarded for their endeavours (Note, I said the musicians). What people do object to is the amount creamed off the top of their earnings by uncreative people sat in offices.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  SURVEY: UK Men Pirate More than UK Women

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx