gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:57:45 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Wanted to say this the day i joined..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wanted to say this the day i joined..  (Read 3063 times)

TsoTsi

Wanted to say this the day i joined..
« on: November 12, 2005, 02:26:09 pm »
... this is one very good looking and well-organized forum BB. Well done!

Feature request: one thing i need to know, is if the board has a facility which allow one to edit one 's own messages after posting it. i'ts a boon for folks with an afterburn like me; i found it very useful at other  forums

Take care,

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 05:09:42 pm »
Hi TsoTsi, we used to have the edit and delete buttons but one person kept posting and deleting/editing posts in mid thread so it was disabled here as it left many threads unreadable.

If there is anything your not happy with just drop us a line on a pm and we will adjust it for you.
I know this is a pain but we where thinking ahead to make sure any information posted here would still be available to all in years to come.

TsoTsi

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 06:01:01 am »
Thank you GhostShip, but i do differ with your point view:

Although a thread may become unreadable, it is a user problem, not a functional one. The user can be educated or banned or whatever, so as not to lose the usefulness of the function. Other bb's implement the edit function smoothly. Still, i respect your decision not to implement it here.

Cheers!

KM

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 06:25:52 am »
editing is extremely useful and I do use it myself in many cases where i've hit submit then noticed a typo or decided to reword something, but there is also the problem of it being misused intentionally or otherwise to cause confusion

the thread in question had a question put on it, then a response posted to it... then the original poster went back and edited their post to reply to it instead of posting a reply, when it was finally noticed that they had replied (as there was no new post) it was hard to see what they wanted help with in the first place to answer them as the original post was gone... that thread had effectively become as useful as random spam

if you need anything edited then either PM an admin or post under it and an admin should see it saying what you want edited and it'll be changed, i've edited a few typos etc for users on here and i'm sure the other admins have as well :-)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Wanted to say this the day i joined..

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx