gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 02:19:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  wcs spam in fxrooms
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: wcs spam in fxrooms  (Read 5327 times)

Ambertha

wcs spam in fxrooms
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:37:49 pm »
Hello,

For the second time somebody entered my room with the following spam:
20:51:32 Á£îgéé603_27776 (*.*.*.*) (DSL 34 files) has entered
20:51:32 [Admin Msg] Á£îgéé603_27776 WPCC - WinMX Professional Chat Client v0.1 beta 8.5
20:51:32 [OpMsg] <Á£îgéé603_27776> This aint SPAM its in admin message only ! Check out the new improved WCS  chat server, forget the rest this ones the best, reliable and stable get yours today go here http://mxmadness.org/forum/index.php?board=78.0
20:51:35 Á£îgéé603_27776 has left

I run a fx-room and i do not appreciate this kind of crap.
I wonder if there are more people who get bothered by this
and i also wonder if this is thought to be normal.
My server is very steady, it runs for 50 days without trouble.
I f i would change i certainly would not change to wcs!

I have tried to put a message on their own forum, but you need to make an account and give them your email-address to be able to post messages out there.. Well, i hope you understand i do not want to give anybody my email-address who will probably make abuse of it as i do expect more spam like this after what happened in the room.

[Edit by: Omega] Removed IP Address for security reasons. Posted original post in Admin area for reference. [/Edit]

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: wcs spam in fxrooms
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:51:45 pm »
Hi, and welcome to the site.
  Albeit this is really annoying im affraid as a site we have no control of the users of winmx. Now from the IP posted  i know who this person is and ill message them and ask them to stop. But the best thing you can do really is just ban this IP and let it be a heads up to other admins who visit the forum.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Ambertha

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:01:01 pm »
Thanx for your welcome Tiny :)

Banning this ip is the first thing i did.
Unfortunately i think they used another ip this time, but i will keep banning them.
It's just that i think it is a very rude way to promote your server.
And in my opinion this makes me not want to use it at all, i don't trust people who spam.
I just think it should be discussed here, so other hosts will be warned.

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
  • keep winmx alive :-)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:03:15 pm »
I think i know the person up to these tricks. Im sure he'll slip up before long lol.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:51:48 pm »
the sad thing is that this is not the person that works on that chat server but some people wanting to put it in a bad light ... i did nt have to see any ip to know that ;-)

i m sorry to say it but be prepared to ban a couple more  :yes:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 12:18:15 am »
It seems that our latest release of WCS has triggered some nonsense. I want people to know that neither Mind or myself had anything to do with this. I've also had some problems on my forum these last 2 days. I've made a post about it and had to lock down most of the forum, unfortunately. I don't really know what to say except that I'm sorry for the grief this is causing people and that this is a good example of why I recently axed the WCS project.. Let's hope the next person to release a chat server doesn't have to go through 1/2 the nonsense I've had to with WCS.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 08:25:16 am »
Alot of programmers come accross this. Its why a few use alias's or just release it threw a channel and leave others to deal with getting bug reports and forwarding on to them.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:01:06 am »
I have messaged the user responsible and asked them to show more respect for other room hosts, I dont believe their actions are helpful but I know for certain they are not meant to be malicious.

I believe being open and up front with who you are, what your doing, and why stands you in better stead than room hopping with unwanted advertising, I can confirm that none of the WCS developers are involved in this activity and are probably as disappointed as I am that they will be picking up the mess for the work of folks who let themselves get carried away somewhat.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:01:23 am »
Apologies to anyone who has ben upset by the message regarding checking out WCS server, it was not intent to upset or be seen as spam and was not solicited by anyone other than myself, i merely see a good chat server worth looking at and tried to get the message accross in the wrong way. So if anyone wants to come and swear, curse or wahtever come to my room not bother the good people of winmxworld and mxmadness who have better things to be doing and have no part in whats mentioned here or indeed with policing the winmx chat.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 09:05:44 am »
I forgot to add my room for anyone who wants to take up the issue.     Diamond Movie Zone

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 03:47:35 pm »
Birdman, thanks for admitting the spamming of FX rooms, a frend of mine had her room spammed too,
But using someone else's name? and a femail one at that, dont be ashamed to go in other rooms as yourself,

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 04:07:02 pm »
Its not another users name and neither is it female Max, not in the Uk anyway.

Offline birdman

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 04:24:40 pm »
i did not have to make an apology but did so that those being wrongly accused can stop winmxchat is not policed or regulated we all see the notice when clicking on chat and are advised not to use it if easily offended certainly the people at winmxworld have much better things to deal with than issues within the chat, if it is now being secretly policed i sure have some complaints of my own to make.I went about things wrong and have admmited  it and apologised but WCS is a good server and one of a few which is supported and updated.

Offline ]2aven (R.I.P.)

• MX Hosts
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 05:05:56 pm »
Alright, Birdman has owned up to this and apologized to users and to myself in person this morning. Now let's move on shall we. I would like to think that when people look back on this that they'll remember the good honest work that we put into this server, rather than all the commotion that surrounded this project.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 05:16:11 pm »
Your comments reflect my initial concern Raven, a good project gets a tarnished name due to one over-eager user.

Birdman: I mentioned in a PM earlier that we are not the WinMX police but as a community of friends I believe its just common courtesy to act nicely to others, we will never abuse anyones trust in us by blocking users from the peer but thats not to say we dont feel let down when folks dont think of the ramifications of their actions.

And on that note I too feel enough has been said, toorrow is another day and we should look to enjoying each one and try not dwell on matters that wil serve no further positive benefits.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  wcs spam in fxrooms

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx